Shaman!!!!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
The DVD is out in NTSC and available at the Laser's Edge. I already ordered my copy and was shocked to learn that Toby (Edguy) and Andi (Helloween) were guests at the show that was recorded for the DVD.

If Glenn didn't get them for PP, at least I will be able to see them live on my television.

However, I won't lose hope and will continue to hope that they have been invited this year. We already saw Angra, now it's time to see Andre Matos. And if Edguy is the returning band, maybe Toby and Andre can do some sort of duet together. I know that never happens at PP, but it would be awesome to see. Avanatasia anyone?:hotjump:

I am so psyched about this year's PP as I know Glenn will top last year's lineup.

Thanks for the heads up on Lasers Edge having the Shaman DVD Nightwish!!! No one else seems to have it and it sounds great. I ordered it last night and will expect it soon. Thanks again.

What's the setlist for the DVD? Can't seem to find info on the content anywhere, and I was just curious of the mixture of Shaman/Angra content...

Thanks!

I got the DVD a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it from Brazil couldn't whait. The set list is all the Ritual album plus Lisbon, Carry On, Sign of the Cross (Avantasia) with Tobias Sammet , and Eagle Fly Free with Andy Deris and Michael Wiekath. It's awesome!!!!

"Sign Of The Cross" by Avantasia?????? Thats my favorite Avantasia song of all time!!!!!! Yes there is a God!!!!!!!! And "Eagle Fly Free"? Wow. And "Carry On" and "Lisbon" are just making me drool. I'll be back after I get a bucket and mop up the drool.

Heh heh heh. I've got a Brasilian connection.

The audio and video quality SURPASSES the DT Scenes From New York DVD. And that's a VERY difficult task! Hella rockin. Everything is badass as should be expected, and now, I kinda gotta reconsider Tobias' reign as Most Screamin Maniac of Metal.

Oh who am I kiddin?

So they basically play the whole damn album! And tons more.

BUT... from the mouth of a member of the audience of that very show, they chopped a SHITLOAD out of the actual concert. Yeah yeah yeah they had time restrictions blah blah blah. The entire crew got onto the stage at the very end and did Judas Priest's 'Breaking The Law', but we don't get to SEE IT YOU FUCKERZ!!!

But hey.

The rest of the show was unbelievably worth it.

And they dragged out a grand piano for one song. I'll let you guys guess which one. ;)

Buy it. Buy two! One to watch and one to give to people to CONVERT THEM LIKE THE INQUISITION!!!

I am so happy that I saw Angra at Progpower III, unfortunately I was never able to see the original line up when I was living in Brazil. For this year, I hope to see the other half of the old Angra - SHAMAN!!! :headbang: