shameless self promotion, but you may be interested

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Hey all,
A while back I posted about the metal discography site I'm working on called Librarius Metallicus. Well, it's been a couple months, the programming is done, and there's about a dozen guys currently working on the database (mostly hand-picked by me). We're still waiting on a logo, and I have yet to fill in details on many of the bands I added (working on it).

Anyway, the point of this thread is that I'm looking for some more people to help out on the site. You'd basically just be entering data to make the database more extensive. Credit is given on each page, saying who added the information and who last updated it. There's no money involved or anything (I'm hosting it for free at work). So, anyway, if you're interested in helping out and have time to do it, either PM me, email support@librariusmetallicus.com , or post here and let me know about how much time you can contribute. I'd prefer only people who know a lot of bands, especially obscure ones.

The site's at http://www.librariusmetallicus.com (you have to have a version 5 or higher browser) if you want to check out what's there so far. As soon as the logo's done, we'll officially launch with what's in the database at that point, then we'll just keep adding to it.

Thanks.

i guess that u will be in greece on the 3rd of July where both nevermore and in flames will play live...!

Hell, I'm game.

By the way, its really not fair (and quite amateur) to label Dream Theater's Falling Into Infinity as "atrocious" in the band description. Though its nothing like any of their other albums, its really not a bad record. Trial of Tears is an unbelievable song, as is Hells Kitchen, and theres a few other great tracks. For Dream Theater, its subpar, but its really a pretty good album.

Hrm...I didn't remember calling it atrocious, but you are correct, I did. Perhaps it is a bit unfair, but I really didn't care for that album, and I'm entitled to my opinion. I may reword it when I get to Dream Theater again (I'm going backwards through the alphabet, and I'm on K right now), but I make no promises, and I don't apologize for my opinion. As far as being amateur; the whole site is amateur. If I wanted to do professional reviews and what-not, I'd be looking for sponsors and free CDs and stuff. The main purpose of the site is to link bands together and give a general overview of each band. It's there for people to learn about new bands. I'm considering adding a feature so each contributor can add their opinion to an album (a sort-of mini-review), so that way people can get more than one opinion on things. If you wanna read a really mean description, read my description of Machine Head. I even invented the word sucktitude to describe their new stuff.

if you dont already have it planned, you should have an email adress people can send corrections to, because i already see some incorrect info.
-neal