Shameless Self-Promotion/Underground Bands Thread

Thanks Elvina and Darklorddany, I'm happy you say that!

And I hope you'll like the new video I've just made. It's even better, really amazing :)
Skogen Sover this time:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not bad! I'm not a musician (used to play bass waaaaaaaay back in the day, but no more), but my brother is... and I think there's something he says a lot that applies here, or rather, two things:

1) Less is more. My bro used to have a punk rock band, which is a prog band now. The sound is very underground punk-ish, and he always ended up shortening songs when he was in that period. I think that applies here a little bit. How would this sound as a 2 minute or 2:30 song?

2) Make vocals heard, or don't use 'em. Chorus singing in background is very, very faint. I know vocals are the hardest to pick up, because of all "instruments" (if we can think of the voice as such) it's pretty hard to develop. But the backup guy sounds like he's in the back of a hall or something. If you're not happy with the singing and want to de-emphasize it, don't use it. But if you think it sounds alright, pump up the jam.

That's my "amateur" opinion. :)

Hi Naglfar,

Your opinion is very much apreciated! This is the first song we composed two years ago. Till today we have seven songs, and I think each song has its own style... hehehehe. We've chosen this song to make the recording, because it's the easiest song and the tempo is the same along the whole song.

About the vocals, I'm not too happy with them, but it's our first try. We will explore other ways of record and mix them.

Thanks again. I'll return with new songs in the future... :rofl:

Hi Naglfar,

Your opinion is very much apreciated! This is the first song we composed two years ago. Till today we have seven songs, and I think each song has its own style... hehehehe. We've chosen this song to make the recording, because it's the easiest song and the tempo is the same along the whole song.

About the vocals, I'm not too happy with them, but it's our first try. We will explore other ways of record and mix them.

Thanks again. I'll return with new songs in the future... :rofl:

De nada, papi. Canta en español, quizás es questión de lenguaje. No todo tiene que ser en inglés.

And I say that preferring English cuz you can say anything in this damn language.

I'll spam some shit that I'm doing:

Forestfather's first release is on the pressing plant. It's expected to be available in physical format the first week of may.

http://forestfather.bandcamp.com/

There's a project of my wife and I called Vahset. We've finished the songwriting and will finish the recordings somewhere this year.

http://www.reverbnation.com/vahset

Of course, I MUST mention the latest project called 'Jordpuls'. It's composed by several members of this forum!

https://soundcloud.com/kveldulf-bjalfason/jordpuls-a-seasonal-demise

This very first song's lineup goes like this:

Henrik: Grim vocals
Mark: Clean vocals, acoustic guitar
Lowell: Bass
Dan: Keys.
Kveldulf: Electric Guitars, drums.
Jasper: Production/Engineering.

More members are working and will work with us on the future songs and the idea is to record at least a demo and release it. I would love to write and record a full lenght, so this will be taking shape hopefully soon.

whenever someone says "underground" in reference to music

i always think of the "local area" bands from Dallas and Denton and Austin who are vehemently refusing to sign any kind of record contract

and trust me the number of bands doing this is a ridiculously huge-ass amount of people, scary huge amount of people actually

also
the people posting in this thread might want to post here as well

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa-lounge/864323-art-asking.html

Hi!

Since a lot of you guys/gals here have band, I figured it'd be good to create this thread; however, not only can you post your own bands, but also other underground/unknown bands that you think deserve to be mentioned here.

So I'll start with some CRn bands that I think are worth listening to:

Amarillo Cian y Magenta [crazy jazz]

Introvisión [prog]

Time's Forgotten [prog]

Your turn to recommend brilliant, unknown bands! Cheers!