Sharing a track

Goddamn this is HUGE. Guitar/Drum/Bass combo is amazing, don't touch it. That said, I found the synths a little 'tinny'. I mean they have to be to fit in around the rest, but the tones themselves could use a little bit of work, especially the one at 3:07ish.

I do like the main 'bassy' one you've got going on. The EQ on it is not perfect, but it's got almost a vocoder tone (or whatever the term is - like the guitar solo on Tool's Jambi). Details? Is it just a lot of automation, or is it mostly in the MIDI?

What a massive song! Only critique I got is you must post here more often. The other songs on that soundcloud definitely were thread worthy.
Is there a way to download this song through soundcloud or do I need a account for that?

What a massive song! Only critique I got is you must post here more often. The other songs on that soundcloud definitely were thread worthy.
Is there a way to download this song through soundcloud or do I need a account for that?

all u have to do is right click the song title, click copy location link.. go to offliberty.com and paste it in the box and it will DL it for you

Thanks for the feed guys!

Morgan C: Glad you dig it! :) Yeah I get your point regarding the synths.. I think I could have made them "meatier" without them interfering too much with the guitars and bass, since a lot of them aren't really playing at the same time. The vocal-ish synth is actually a formant filter that's automated to make them "speak". Really cool effect that's used a shit load in dubstep :)

Anyways, I made the track available for download now, so make sure you grab it! :)

Awesome song with massive tones that really compliment each other while having their own space!

Any info on guitars? Reminds me abit of Meshuggah's 94'-95' era tones :kickass:

Your Massive Attack cover was awesome too, and for some unknown reason I pictured Alissa in my mind
to look tiny and pretty, like Sneaker Pimps' first vocalist used to back in the day, haha!

Tokyurot: Guitars are Revalver MKIII with some impulse GuitarHack made ages ago. Glad you digged the Massive Attack cover! :) I did that as part of a school project at the university, lots of fun.

Habsburgs: He used to be my teacher. Now he's my boss :)

Tokyurot: Guitars are Revalver MKIII with some impulse GuitarHack made ages ago. Glad you digged the Massive Attack cover! :) I did that as part of a school project at the university, lots of fun.

Habsburgs: He used to be my teacher. Now he's my boss :)

I just got Revalver, but can't get a good tone from it, they always sound Tinny, What can i do to get a Phat tone like that... Its IMMENSE!

Fantastic Mix by the way!

TrueDesire: I understand what you mean about the Revalver thing. It does sound pretty thin, but with a good impulse and some eq-tweaking you can get it to sound decent. I always need to boost alot around 280-330 Hz because it lacks a lot of body. Using the bassbox stomp also helps to get a more aggressive sound. Using some kind of harmonic dostortion plugin on it also helps.