Shattered Skies - Muted Neon

Mardoch

Defender of the Universe
Oct 23, 2010
Baton Rouge, LA
New Shattered Skies coming out next month! The new singer still isn't the old one, but this guy is still quite good all the same. Shut-in is a great track so I'm pretty excited to see what the whole album's gonna have for us.

Shut in is a great tune! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. i think the new singer works well with the sound they're evolving into. Some of the riffs are reminiscent of an Alvestam-era Scar Symmetry, albeit being overall way more accessible and lighter.

Reactions: Mardoch
you and I are the two biggest SS fans I know - so I am as hyped for this as you. I love the djent style so this is right in my wheelhouse.

I love these guys too. Ian Rockett's guitar is super unique, and I do like the new vocalist too. Their last album was good and I bought it, but it didn't do for me what The World We Used to Know did for me (which blew me away). Hoping this one will be really good as well

New album is out everywhere now folks! Hope you guys enjoy it :) Thanks for the long running support on here, means a lot to us:

There's so much to like about this album. There are some great chord changes, vocal harmonies, riffs and killer grooves all over this. Its pretty damn fantastic.

Thanks so much guys! It's really cool to hear reactions like this after a long time of finding our way back on track. Cheers :)

Yeah, it's really awesome. And I missed the album release party in London by a day :(

I will tell you I was talking to the attendees at the Haken and Leprous meet n greet in Chicago on Sat night about your album and everyone was like 'yeah, that's killer!' :) Even tried to turn on Richard from Haken!

I had a hard time getting through this disc. I think I have come to the realization that I am just not a big fan of Djent. So I am not going to go on and on about this since it is not fair to review it since I don't like the style. One thing that I can say - I find the new singer to be okay - he is not on par with the old one.