Crappy News Dept: Shattered Skies Part Ways with Vocalist

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
From their facebook page:

Shattered Skies is very sad to announce that we have parted ways with our vocalist Sean Murphy. Sean has been an amazing singer and person from day one, and we wish him absolutely nothing but the best in the next journey he takes. We'd like to thank him for the incredible experiences and memories we've had with him over the past 4 years, and wish him many more in the future.

While this is of course a sad day for us and I'm sure all of you, Shattered Skies is planning to move forward with purpose, with a view to getting back on track moreso than ever. We are happy to say our second album is already written and currently being recorded with a view to a 2016 release, and we do not plan on changing that. We've had several obstacles over the past couple of years but our resolve is stronger than ever and all we want to do is get out there and work harder and play more shows than we ever have before.

With that said, we have the major task of finding our new vocalist. We will be posting on here very soon about audition plans, which we plan to get straight into. In the meantime we will hope to get out and do some instrumental shows to reconnect with all of you.
Thank you Sean, and thanks to all of you for your continued support. This is not over, we will be back stronger than ever.

gah
Hoping that this doesn't affext next year's lineup in any way if they were indeed being considered..

Sucks,just listened to the new disk and liked it a lot :(

I have not heard anything of theirs, but is this another situation, like Damnation Angels, where the vocalist was what made you enjoy the band?

This blows. Also one of my other favorite bands from this year Arion announced that their vocalist was leaving this week too. Damn those fickle lead singers

Yeah...thats why they call it lead singer syndrome......

I'm telling ya, I would take care of vocals on all my projects,except of the major issue of the fact that my voice sounds like Geddy Lee sucking helium while being extremely constipated,and no amount of studio wizzardry would make me sound listenable