Shaw/Blades on Stern this morning

Jack Blades is king dingaling of solid AOR anthems. Just like Magnus Karlson, he gets a bit overlooked by alot of people due to his involvement in helping out other bigger name artists. Like the last two Journery cds, Arrival and Generations, the two best songs off those LP's Higher Place and Never Too Late had a big helping hand from Blades as co writer.

They are doing a show in Buffalo either tonight or tomorrow??? I know I heard it advertised on 97 Rock. I may just have to check this out...

They are doing a show in Buffalo either tonight or tomorrow??? I know I heard it advertised on 97 Rock. I may just have to check this out...

Boston tonight. I think Buffalo Friday or Saturday. Check out their myspace. All the dates are listed. I can't go there to give you the exact date, myself.

Well, he plays more metal than anyone else in talk radio.

More than Michael Savage?!?! :lol: :lol:

Err, correct me if I'm wrong, but why would the amount of metal that someone in talk radio plays be important? After all, he is in TALK radio.

FWIW, he and Eric Bloom from Blue Oyster Cult are cousins, I think. That's about as far as I'll go with linking Stern indelibly to metal.

Wow...Stern might not have invented shock radio, but he perfected it...and then he stayed around long enough to cheapen it...now he's purposely repeatedly perverted and disgusting enough that he's just trying way too hard...it's not funny, it's not shocking, it's just old and boring...Howard comes off as just a sexually frustrated dirty old man...he's about 10 years away from shanking Junior High girls and wondering where it all went wrong...althought I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank. I'm not a prude by any fucking means, but you have to admire the guy that turned obscenity into a cottage industry.

Umm... well gee not so much.
He sure is the guy who KICKED open the door allowing talk radio to even happen....
And sure they can do more on satellite as opposed to terrestrial radio - but he was doing amazingly crude stuff back in the early 80s - he's doing what he has always done.
And yeah all he does is shocking stuff.....

His amazingly interesting interviews with people such as Stevie Wonder, Paul Mccartney, and Mohamed Al-Fayed (just to name just a few) don't count apparently.....

Did anyone else hear their acoustic performance this morning? It was incredible. They were a human jukebox playing every suggestion thrown at them. The live harmony was the best I have heard outside The Eagles. They sold me a copy of the new album this morning.

http://www.myspace.com/shawbladesinfluence

I didn't watch them on Stern, but they have some great live videos on their numerous sites. i just ordered the cd. I've always been a huge fanboy for Tommy Shaw, and you gotta love Damn Yankees.:headbang: