She comes in colours! (Colors for you USA peeps)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Seriously... this song has the blandest intro etc... then that huge fuck you uber riff after the eerie clean guitar. My nuts are swelling from that fucking song haha! It's really indicative of the whole album IMO. Some fantastic epic parts, and then some damn mediocre stuff. Still an amazing album though!

Colors for you USA peeps?
I've lived here my whole life and have always spelt it as "Colors", heh.
I thought only British people still spelt it with the U, haha.
But yeah, cool song.

Nope, we're supposed to write ye 'ol British way, Harry.

Yeah they are sick riffs. I moved onto jamming this track after 'The Obsidian Conspiracy' gave me too many hand cramps.

Some of the riffs on this album are the best of Loomis' career IMO... shame the record is ruined by eh... 'external factors'.

Nope, we're supposed to write ye 'ol British way, Harry.

Yeah they are sick riffs. I moved onto jamming this track after 'The Obsidian Conspiracy' gave me too many hand cramps.

Some of the riffs on this album are the best of Loomis' career IMO... shame the record is ruined by eh... 'external factors'.

Care to elaborate on those external factors? By PM if necessary (sorry just curious).

Care to elaborate on those external factors? By PM if necessary (sorry just curious).

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he meant vocal production by that.
I'm hardly the only one that thinks the album was let down by that aspect

Nope, sorry bout that.

I have a feeling some of the guitars were under-produced too, hence Andy's use of fake stereo on some of the leads to bring it all out a bit. The whole record just flows oddly, but by far the biggest let down are those vocals. If I could get a version of the album with the vox tracks muted, I would listen to it much more often.

well in honesty, i don't like the style of vocals either, thats why the obsidian conspiracy track without vocals for that competition is one i enjoy the most..
and agreed.. this song is also pretty cool..

Nope, sorry bout that.

I have a feeling some of the guitars were under-produced too, hence Andy's use of fake stereo on some of the leads to bring it all out a bit. The whole record just flows oddly, but by far the biggest let down are those vocals. If I could get a version of the album with the vox tracks muted, I would listen to it much more often.

Heh, yeah, really would wish more albums came out with a bonus instrumental disc.
I tend to think Nevermore's music is cool enough to stand on it's own two feet with just the music anyway.
I remember when the instrumental The Obsidian Conspiracy (the song) came out, I thought it was pretty slammin' even without the vocals and in fact probably even better that way (sans vocals) anyway.

Ahh! It is higher tuning then is it! I thought maybe just my ears after a day of tracking playing tricks... The guitars seemed to fit better mix wise if that's the case. It just seemed a little clearer than the album as a whole.