She comes in colours! (Colors for you USA peeps)

Back to the riffs, I think this song and 'Create the infinite' are both testaments to why Drop C# could be the best tuning ever conceived for metal.

No The Psalm of Lydia love?
Drop C# song as well.

Back to the riffs, I think this song and 'Create the infinite' are both testaments to why Drop C# could be the best tuning ever conceived for metal.

I think for every good riff in drop C# there are 10-20 just as good in standard tuning. But that's only because drop C# is not as common. So, my point is, you can write equally awesome riffs in both tunings.

btw create the infinite is one of the worst nevermore songs imo.

"She comes in colours, and wails until I'm drained... She comes again..."

Come on Warrel, seriously? I really like the song, but it really annoys me at times and those lyrics are just ridiculous. The clean break where he sings them is possibly my favourite part of the album, but then comes the solo that has an arpeggio part(one of many) that's taken from Jato Unit off Loomis' solo album.

This song seems so obvious and plodding, it never really goes anywhere, 5 minutes of wondering what the fuck it wants to be and never quite making up its mind.

Overall I get this vibe from a lot of Nevermore, Loomis is a great player for sure, but the writing always seems awkward and laboured.

I do think he shares a big part of the responsibility for how the vocals sound actually. Also, comparing this album with all the previous ones I don't think he contributed anything significant as a producer...

Yeah I was only half joking to be honest :erk:

That amazes me, TGE had some of my favourite vocal lines ever, both in melody or songwriting (such strong words like "I sell my heart for stone" or "And their sky cries mary") which added to the epicness of the songs.

After listening to that song on youtube, I have to agree, it's like warell is never pushing his voice too far, not as much intensity has he has done before. Strange.

Its cause he is not straining to sing anymore. No more alcohol, no more smoking pot, and quality vocal lessons will do that to ya. Listen to what happend to fucking Hetfield ..... ughh one of the most epic voices in metal turned into a country music singing fagot.

No The Psalm of Lydia love?
Drop C# song as well.

No love for 'Seed Awakening' either. That's easily one of my favourite Nevermore songs.

I think 'She Comes in Colours' is one of the strongest songs on the new CD. Some of thise riffs are just enormous and the way they come in with that little bit of anticipation is just magic.

I wish Nevermore would play some of the C# songs live. :lol: