She Never Found Me - Industrial Rock/Grunge

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
First new song I've recorded for the band in a while.

It's a bit out there for a rock band such as Black Magic but we set out to write something deliberately quirky. Still feel it keeps it's rock roots though & fits in with the rest of our material.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the song...

She Never Found Me Drop Box.

Any q's on what we used to record etc shoot away!

Cheers,
- Rick.

Love the "strings noises" for the bass.

Nice composition and mixing. Is there a huge bump when the "solo" kick's in?

The voice is gorgeous ! Makes me think about a know singer but can't put a name on his face :/

The song is brilliant. I really love it and the singer is excellent. However, I don't like the kick and the snare. Firstly, they're both too loud for my taste, then there's their sound. Seems like you cranked the kick the hell up and it sounds like some industrial band. I would also personally prefer to keep the vocals on the darker side - they're too bright for me and in need of a de-esser.

As for the compression, it's quite squashed with a lot of clipping.

On the other hand, the bass and guitar sound is superb - fits the stoner rock mood.

The song is brilliant. I really love it and the singer is excellent. However, I don't like the kick and the snare. Firstly, they're both too loud for my taste, then there's their sound. Seems like you cranked the kick the hell up and it sounds like some industrial band. I would also personally prefer to keep the vocals on the darker side - they're too bright for me and in need of a de-esser.

As for the compression, it's quite squashed with a lot of clipping.

On the other hand, the bass and guitar sound is superb - fits the stoner rock mood.

Quite a couple of issues. We did some last minute changes to the mix. Some of it has reared it's head. However, we've used the drums to record an entire album worth of material, all pre-mixed with the music then being written to the already mixed drums. It definitely is not smart enough for the album but at the moment just getting the songs finished with semi-temp mixes, once we have all the material recorded we'll try and get some sort of theme mix wise throughout the entire album. So they'll all need reworking slightly. The good thing about this in a way is we have time to realise what the issues are and then go back and fix them!