Shining Star

Mustang

The Edge
Sep 15, 2006
Tremont, IL
www.eternity-x.com
I recently got the Shining Star CD and felt I should leave my thoughts on it for all of you .

First off I must say I am very impressed. The songs have a very large amount of emotion behind them and are still very catchy. The guitar's are abit differnt than most bands in the progressive metal genera . However that's not exactly bad, they still had some of the technicle side of things. But had a wonderful groove and feel to them. That I was impressed .
The keyboards tottally brought things together. I'd love to work with the gentlemen that does them(sorry I cannot remember his name)

When it come's to vocals ,I feel it's some of Lance King's best vocal work to date. With so much power and passion behind it. I wish many of the vocalists out there would take note of this and remember it when they go to sing.
The only tiny issue I had is one or two song's some of the effects on it were abit strong for my taste. But I tottally love it. Iv not takke this disk out of my player since I got it around a week ago. I highly recommend you all get it if you haven't yet.

Thank you Jeremy, appreciate the feedback, this album was actually recorded
in 2002 instrumentally, and I was invited to sing on it, shortly after I left Balance Of Power by Frontline rock, a Brazilian record label that was working with both BOP and SHINING STAR. Because of some hold ups with the label it was shelved until late 2006 when the band and I decided to release it on Nightmare to the world. I made the mistake of releasing this a month after the Avian and 3 months before the Pyramaze disc, a bit too much music for a half a year from one artist I guess. Both the Avian and Pyramaze have done quite well, this one seems to have gotten a bit over looked, and I think it's a gem to be found and enjoyed.

For those of you that are curious, check out our myspace page
www.myspace.com/shiningstar7

Love to hear more feedback on this album~

Everyone I know that's heard this album has enjoyed it. So at least there's some fallowing.

Question, are the other members currently still doing music?
I'd be espcially interested to know about the keyboard player.
If you don't know that's understandable. I just thought i'd ask.

Everyone I know that's heard this album has enjoyed it. So at least there's some fallowing.

Question, are the other members currently still doing music?
I'd be espcially interested to know about the keyboard player.
If you don't know that's understandable. I just thought i'd ask.

I've recently be discussing a new album with Fabio the guitarist of Shining Star,
so there will be a follow up eventually.
The band other than myself all reside in Brazil, an interesting note, I've never met any of them face to face...we did this album all by mail and internet.
Much like I did with Balance of Power and Pyramaze. Although eventually I met those guys to do shows, Shining Star unfortuantely was put on hold due to the label having financial problems in Brazil that originally had signed the band.
I'm told their still causing problems for the band and we're not able to release anything in Brazil for this release because of it.

However....Fabio is also talking about doing some shows there, so perhaps, I'll get to fly down and meet them sometime soon ; ):headbang:

That's really interesting, though I must say I kinda know how that is.
Keith Sudano(owner & vocalist of Eternity X) is located in SC and we are in IL. So I mail him DVD's every other week of the band practicing until we move down there next Jan. Of course after a few months he flew in to meet everyone and make sure things are finely tuned.

So thanks to the way things are these days this kinda thing isnt that hard to do. So I totally understand.

I do hope shining star will do more . If you need any extra backing vocals let me know ;) .

I will be getting my Shining Star CD next week. I will come back here when I get it, and I'll share my impressions on the album.

I had only heard some of the songs in the Shining Star profile, so, I am looking forward to hear the rest of them. I am sure I will enjoy it tremendously. An yes!! I agree, Lance's vocals are fenomenal!!. I have always enjoyed the sound of his voice and the feeling he puts into his singing. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Lily :)

I recently got the Shining Star CD and felt I should leave my thoughts on it for all of you .

First off I must say I am very impressed. The songs have a very large amount of emotion behind them and are still very catchy. The guitar's are abit differnt than most bands in the progressive metal genera . However that's not exactly bad, they still had some of the technicle side of things. But had a wonderful groove and feel to them. That I was impressed .
The keyboards tottally brought things together. I'd love to work with the gentlemen that does them(sorry I cannot remember his name)

When it come's to vocals ,I feel it's some of Lance King's best vocal work to date. With so much power and passion behind it. I wish many of the vocalists out there would take note of this and remember it when they go to sing.
The only tiny issue I had is one or two song's some of the effects on it were abit strong for my taste. But I tottally love it. Iv not takke this disk out of my player since I got it around a week ago. I highly recommend you all get it if you haven't yet.

Today I finally got a chance to show Jerry Prater(Eternity X guitarist) who I feel is one of the best guitarist I have ever met. He even complimented the guitar work. So that’s saying alot. I really suggest you get this album soon as you can.