Shots from Canes last night..

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
No time for a set list and details. Great show but I was really pissed at the security.
Some wanker threw his drink glass which zinged between Wanda and Liz hitting just behind Wanda's rig. Security comes walks him off but
doesn't eject his ass. In my book you chuck a glass at the band you should be booted out the fuggin door.

Sara is almost out of range and a digital camera takes about 1 second to actually take the picture. That is more than enough time for her
to jump out the frame. That girl barely stays still! :D

Pics..
IM2022.jpg

Best of Linda.
IM2004.jpg

IM2013.jpg

IM2009.jpg

IM2015.jpg

IM2008.jpg

IM2026.jpg

Liz has been studying from Sara :Spin:
IM2027.jpg

IM2023.jpg

Take a bow ladies...
IM2028.jpg

It was great to meet you, spidey! It means a lot that you came so far to see us. :D

It's hard to catch all the craziness that goes on and we always feel safe on stage with our core crew there to watch over us. Somehow I missed the projectile incident completely - if I had seen it there would've been a Bruce rage rant added to the show! :Shedevil:

It was great to meet you, spidey! It means a lot that you came so far to see us.

Yep Aja. I'm just up the hill from Canes. That 10 minute drive is a real bear. :tickled:

I swear the "red eye reduction" mode on the camera either doesn't work at all or just not at those distances.

Oh well.

Jim

Great pics, thanks. I really enjoyed the show - I was up on the little balcony and had a fantastic view of the band. What is up with all the lame-ass moshers though, especially that guy that went up on stage (and then security let him hang out the rest of the show)?

Great to hear The Wickerman - might not have been the optimal spot in the set list, but nice to hear some new things from the girls. Would be fun to hear Ghost of the Navigator or Out of the Slient Planet or even Rainmaker :)

I'm always blown away watching Sara (and now Liz) just nail the solos on all the songs, it's unbelievable. Every time Sarah takes a little pause and tosses the devil-horns with her free hand, I'm just starstruck heh.

Nice job ladies!

I was right behind that butt munch Eric. I can't believe he was allowed to stay either. He was starting shit from the first track.:yell:

There was also some real short chick that kept trying to mosh also.
Each of the Maidens shows I seem to position myself among them. :bah: :Shedevil:

Jim

Hey all, pictures and setlist from last night's kickASS show here!

Pictures

Only my second time seeing the Maidens but they're already one of my faves,these girls kick major ass! Did anyone else catch Aja nearly taking out Liz's head with the US flag during The Trooper? Funny moment with Liz ducking back but almost a disaster!

That there Damage Inc was a pretty damn good opener. Dude totally has Jaymz down!

After having missed the last show on Garnet,
it was pretty nice to see Maidens again. Phantom and
Fear of the Dark ruled so much. Infinite Dreams was
taken out from teh printed setlist. I'd love to hear that.
And not having Hallowed feels strange. This is my first
time seeing Liz and she was already an importnat part of the
band. We will miss Jojo but Liz is very cool.

Metallica being one of my most fave bands, I enjoyed Damage Inc
very much. Up to now Creeping Death was the only band I could
think of when it comes to the tribute to Metallica but now Damage
Inc will be there too. They are very cool guys to talk also. It has
been a dream to have Maiden and Metallica tributes at the same
night. (last time it happened was back in 2002 with CD if
my memory serves me right)

Thanks for the great night and can't wait for the next time.

eddog said:
Hey all, pictures and setlist from last night's kickASS show here!

Pictures

Only my second time seeing the Maidens but they're already one of my faves,these girls kick major ass! Did anyone else catch Aja nearly taking out Liz's head with the US flag during The Trooper? Funny moment with Liz ducking back but almost a disaster!

That there Damage Inc was a pretty damn good opener. Dude totally has Jaymz down!

What are you trying to do to me people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Metallica tribute band and the Maidens on the same stage!!!!!!!! :yell: :yell: :yell:

Awesome pics btw!!! Thanks for sharing them!!! :headbang:

It was a crazy show. There were some chics next to me that were totally disrespectful and vulgar. They were giving Liz the eye and I really don't care about people and their sexual orientation, but they pissed me off. Liz of course was being cool and oblivious to their true intentions. I finally had enough and turned to them and told them to shut up!! They were so raunchy and they kept grabbing at Liz. One of the crew members over by Liz came up to them and told them not to touch her.

About the drinks, the guy behind me and I got hit with a plastic Bud bottle. Someone was throwing ice and some people were trying to throw their drinks at the people moshing, but of course, missed their target. I had my fist up blocking my friend, and hit about four people in the back. They're lucky it wasn't my boot!!Lol! Crazy night!!! But the bands rocked and my friend had a good time.

I invited about ten people and up to Saturday morning, they all told me the were coming and only one showed up! Ain't that some shit!! My friend Ari that went with me enjoyed the show very much. She loves Metallica and I had played the Tribute CD for her so that she could preview the ladies and she was very impressed!! A new fan has been born. She wants to go to the next show, so we're there. As always ladies, you rule:worship:

Stay fierce and UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!:headbang:

Eric_Cartman said:
What is up with all the lame-ass moshers though, especially that guy that went up on stage (and then security let him hang out the rest of the show)?
I guess they wanted to give him a second chance.....He actually calmed down quite a bit after Chris , our tech, "helped" him off the stage- headfirst !!! Even then, it took a bit for the message to sink in! Some people just have to learn the hard way, I guess! :loco:

Asterothe said:
Fear of the Dark ruled so much.
Funny thing on that one - normally I can hear myself really well in the low voice part of the song because the room usually gets really quiet there but this time the crowd sang along FULL voice (that was really cool! :D ) and they drowned me out, hahaha!

Air Raid Siren said:
I guess they wanted to give him a second chance.....He actually calmed down quite a bit after Chris , our tech, "helped" him off the stage- headfirst !!!

Really? I would pay money to watch that, then I would be laughing my ass off.

MAIDEN67 said:
It was a crazy show. There were some chics next to me that were totally disrespectful and vulgar. They were giving Liz the eye and I really don't care about people and their sexual orientation, but they pissed me off. Liz of course was being cool and oblivious to their true intentions. I finally had enough and turned to them and told them to shut up!! They were so raunchy and they kept grabbing at Liz. One of the crew members over by Liz came up to them and told them not to touch her.

About the drinks, the guy behind me and I got hit with a plastic Bud bottle. Someone was throwing ice and some people were trying to throw their drinks at the people moshing, but of course, missed their target. I had my fist up blocking my friend, and hit about four people in the back. They're lucky it wasn't my boot!!Lol! Crazy night!!! But the bands rocked and my friend had a good time.

I invited about ten people and up to Saturday morning, they all told me the were coming and only one showed up! Ain't that some shit!! My friend Ari that went with me enjoyed the show very much. She loves Metallica and I had played the Tribute CD for her so that she could preview the ladies and she was very impressed!! A new fan has been born. She wants to go to the next show, so we're there. As always ladies, you rule:worship:

Stay fierce and UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!:headbang:

THANKS GIRL! i saw that shit flying, wtf is that about. i seen the guy but when i walked over there to spot him out the security was on it. i thought they got kicked out. next time for sure - and the lewd pervs can expect the same. i've started keeping my heinikens by my cab cuz the front row is getting thirsty and punking my beer....how rude!!!!