Halloween show at Westin in Sand Dog review

irnmdnfan123

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2003
Point Mugu
Visit site
:hotjump: Man oh man! What a night it was at the Westin Hotel in San Diego on Halloween Night! Lotsa half-dressed women :OMG: , lotsa alcohol o_O , lotsa really cool and unusual costumed freaks :loco: ......and our very own lovely IRON MAIDENS rocking our asses off :D !!! The room had this really cool "bridge" on one side of the room, which had clear lucite panels in the floor part with a light and camera so as women danced on it, there netherparts were shown on the big screen for all to see !! There was also a backlit red screen for some sexy shadow dancing by the lovely dancers. And a TRAMP-oline on one side for those who had the urge to fly. In the hall there was a rather interesting set-up whereby one could get photos in any sort of position/situation with the lovely ladies (in bed, locked up in chains, etc). Of course, it weren't free so you had to shell out some cash. There was also a side-stage inside the room that had other entertainment in between sets like jugglers, more dancing, and the awesome Jug-O-Lantern contest, where lovely women with nothing but strategically placed paint and glitter on their ample chests were judged as having the best jug(olantern)s. The winner, China, had a really awesome tattoo on her back, not to mention a pretty nice front too ! There was also a closed circuit camera crew to take instant shots of the band and display them on the big screens all around the room. So no matter where you were, you could see the Maidens doing what they do best! Jen was painted up like the Puppetmaster King Diamond, in tight leather no less; Sara in a lovely white latex nurses outfit; JoJo dressed as a very simple nun (plenty of sinners to pray for that night!); Wanda as a purty old-time saloon gal, with a nice feather boa to go along; and Linda dressed as a sexy black angel (kinda hard to play with them wings on eh?). Okay, onto the sets..............the first set started with a King Diamond intro (what was that Jen?), and launched into Killers. Next up Wrathchild, Phantom Of The Opera, Murders In The Moo Rorgue (a little Nicko there), and ending with Running Free. The ladies went off to the lounge to rest while the festivities continued. I had a chance to hang with Bill and watch all the lovely passers-by and admire their costumes, and also grab a couple photo ops with the lovely lasses. They had a karaoke room too and it seemed very popular. Rock 105 was the sponser for this whole event and it seemed to be going very well. Security was tight at times but that is all good when you have a huge ballroom full of drinking costumed rockers. After about an hour and a half rest the ladies came back and hit the stage with The Prisoner, The Trooper (flag waving by Jen), Children Of The Damned, Wasted Years, Caught Somewhere In Time (complete with Fro as the future lawman Eddie), and I think this set ended with Iron Maiden (not sure as I was out in the hallway). It was during this set that creepy guy up front decided he was cool and would grab Wanda's ankle....sorry 'bout that! Jen managed to take care of him though. Shoulda used the mic stand tho! They left the stage and took a couple hours rest while the party revelers enjoyed themselves with booze, babes, and boobs all around. Beetlejuice had me in stitches. Really cool guy too! Marci was doing a great job trying to keep it all organized. She had to get the dancers to their respective stages, the workers to keep working, and keep all the talent happy as could be. Just after midnight the ladies came back out for their final set of the night with Aces High, then 2 Minutes To Midnight (even though it was AFTER midnight), Hallowed Be Thy Name, 22 Acacia Avenue, The Clairvoyant, Run To The Hills, and ending with Flight Of Icarus. Man, what a smoking show that night :hotjump:. Three sets and all were completely rocking. The security force did a great job of getting everyone out so the cleanup could begin. We tore down the stage while the ladies readied themselves for the drive home. Sara had her new Eddie Ibanez guitar that night too (looks cool - but I forgot to get that picture of it!). Everyone took off from Sand Dog bewtween 2 and 3 am. It was a great night and I for sure got my metal for the night. Thanks ladies for a great show. Mark, Chris and Bill - great to help you out. And if you have not seen the ladies lately, get out to Canes in December so they can rock yer ass off! Later -----