Should I buy this car?

$4000 is too much imo.

I drive a 92 chevy, has about 296,000, but I wouldn't expect to get more than scrap value for it if I ever sold it. We don't think it will make it to summer, I'm hoping to hit 300,000km, and id love to throw it off a bridge in triumph :D.

Edit: For the Record, I also know shit all about cars.

I don't know where you guys are from but $4000 for a car is pretty cheap. Well, for one that is legally able to be driven (It needs a Road Worthy Certificate).
you'll drive it for a year with luck.
Yeah, I'm worried about that. High Km's does usually mean there isn't much time until the engine dies, but some guy in the U.S has done 2million Miles in his Volvo, so there must be exceptions.

I don't know too much about Subaru's especially since I don't think the LIberty is a U.S. model. Anyway, I do know this...any replacement parts are going to be expensive. Probably for maximum longevity, using a synthetic oil since it's almost at 150K miles and probably a lubricant additive will save wear on your car allowing it to run well. I'd make sure the clutch,gears, belts and hoses are in good shape though.

I don't know where you guys are from but $4000 for a car is pretty cheap. Well, for one that is legally able to be driven (It needs a Road Worthy Certificate).

It is cheap, however, there is a good chance you are buying scrap heap worth $500.

Reason why you should not buy that car:
1. its a old subaru
2. it looks like shit.
3. it would go as fast as a sloth.
4. its overpriced for the peice of shit that it is.
5. its a peice of shit and probley smells like it

Reason why you should not buy that car:
1. its a old subaru
2. it looks like shit.
3. it would go as fast as a sloth.
4. its overpriced for the peice of shit that it is.
5. its a peice of shit and probley smells like it

Seeing as you are Australian I believe you the most, I'm not sure about the speed of a sloth though? Most cars can hit 110 easily, it isn't like I would try go past that. And I don't think it's overprieced at all, a car with a RWC is normally that price. I plan on looking at it on Sunday, then I will know for sure if it's worth it. I just wasn't sure about Km's.

Btw, what do you drive Draznog?

Seriously...the car appears to be in good shape, it's a manual (usually ends up getting more mileage,) and its not too bad for a first whip. Give it a test run and be sure to take it on the highway. You don't want any surprises if you do happen to purchase it...but $4K seems too much.

Try and talk him down to 3200

Seeing as you are Australian I believe you the most, I'm not sure about the speed of a sloth though? Most cars can hit 110 easily, it isn't like I would try go past that. And I don't think it's overprieced at all, a car with a RWC is normally that price. I plan on looking at it on Sunday, then I will know for sure if it's worth it. I just wasn't sure about Km's.

When you go to look at it make sure you take a trusted mechanic or knowledged friend with you to check it out. To me it looks fine but, you really need a thorough inspection before making a move.

Well this subaru is a decent beater car. Being a 4 cyl engine, you'll save money on fuel cost. Most 2.2L 4cyl engines are are decently snappy but the thing that would hold it back is that that car is heavy for having a 4cyl in it. I think it's a little overpriced though, but the interior and exterior look immaculate though the mileage is worrysome. If you do decide to get it, just maintain it and it'll actually last.

i live in QLD. go to car auctions dude, you could pick up a subaru like that for 500 bucks same mileage etc. actually you could probably get something a heap better for 500

i saw a newish corolla with 80 000ks go for 1600 the other day. I wish I had money that day

I drive a 1995 Nissan 180sx type x, for the price of that liberty you could buy a Mitsubishi lancer coupe.