Should I purchase a 15gig iPod?

i dunno, i guess i would listen to it all day at work, and hopefully plug it into the stereo at work version 2.0?

do i need a firewire port? or can i use USB? (sadly, my two USBs are being taken up, so i would have to cycle it in and out, annoyingly)

can i buy a firewire port to add to my computer? for how much?

that would determine how much i used it to, i guess.

It works with PCs. As long as you have a USB or Firewire port you're okay. Do you know if you have USB 1.1 or 2.0? Tranferring songs is slow as shit with 1.1 and I'm not sure if I would get it if I only had 1.1. I forgot the transfer rate for USB 2 but I think it's faster than Firewire and most newer computers come with them.

if not i am 99% sure i have an extra firewire card for older computers lying around alex that i really would just give to you if i still have it.

can i figure out what my USB port speed is without cracking open my casing?

i really would like to just do the firewire thing, because I only have two USB ports and one is taken up by my mouse and the other by my NES controller and sometimes my digicam cable for uploading. and i hate having to switch them around!

If it's a first or second generation iPod, it wont work on PC. Make sure it's a new model (3rd Gen). Apple has made it winblows compatible, and you can get iTunes for windows as well from apple.com.

I have a 30gb iPod, and love it. I have over 260 CD's on it, and I still have room. It rules.