Should Opeth release a B-sides album?

{-sapob-}

Dec 17, 2008
Or should Mikael release a solo album.

In Essence theyd be the same thing.
Wouldnt they?

I say Agalloch, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, and Novembers Doom should form a mega band and play.

An album of just Mike and an acoustic would be fantastic but considering how so much of Opeth's studio material is like him writing and then bringing in the same session musicians that happen to play live with him and take pictures with him, any solo album he would do would probably sound like standard Opeth stuff.

Forgetting the other question Do you think opeth should put out a b sides album?
Or do you think b sides are b sides because theyre not as good as the songs you hear on the albums?

Forgetting the other question Do you think opeth should put out a b sides album?
Or do you think b sides are b sides because theyre not as good as the songs you hear on the albums?

I think they should put out a b-sides album(or more correctly a non-album-songs-album).

I like a good clearing of the archives.
Plus, the songs from the Watershed-sessions are pretty damn good.

The b-sides/non-album songs album is definitely a good idea. Has anyone put together a good list of all known such songs?

The b-sides/non-album songs album is definitely a good idea. Has anyone put together a good list of all known such songs?

We should in this thread.

I'll start;

Derelict Herds
Bridge of Sighs
Den ständiga resan
Mellotron Heart
Would?
Circle of the Tyrants
Remember Tomorrow
Soldier of Fortune
Mordet i Grottan (why not?)
Still Day Beneath the Sun
Patterns in the Ivy II

Today I've had that 'holy fuck' feeling with Den Standiga Resan. My god that is one beautiful piece of music, I've just been sitting listening to it on repeat.

We should in this thread.

I'll start;

Derelict Herds
Bridge of Sighs
Den ständiga resan
Mellotron Heart
Would?
Circle of the Tyrants
Remember Tomorrow
Soldier of Fortune
Mordet i Grottan (why not?)
Still Day Beneath the Sun
Patterns in the Ivy II

Maybe it could be a 2 disc digipack.
The first containing the tracks mentioned ^.
The second disc containing rare unreleased tracks.
Im pretty sure mike would have some tracks that didnt make the album.

and maybe a couple of live tracks to finish it off.