Show Review, long overdue but here it is! Anthrax/Judas Priest

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
Hello from the vault folks,

This is your friendly neighborhood AugDawg here with a review of last years Anthrax/Judas Priest concert in Salt Lake City, Utah @ the E-Center!

I was able to get free tickets due to some street team work which worked to my advantage since the tickets were on the third row, and being 6 foot 3 inches I was pretty much in the first row since everybody on the two rows in front of me were maybe a average of 5 foot 7 inches? At any rate you get the picture, I was eye level with both bands during the concert!

Anthrax was the opener so I only got 9 songs with them, but let me just say it's so fuckin cool to be on the front row with one of your favorite bands ever, cause when your singing along lyric for lyric, the band tends to notice. Joey sang along with me a couple of times, Scott pointed right at me like five times, Frankie came over and head banged with me like seven times, Danny really didn't move much but he played great! At the end of the set, Scott was throwing picks to the crowd and it's actually a mircle that I didn't grabbed one! The picks went flying by my head like 4 times and I still couldn't get one, as well as some of Charlies drum sticks bonked the guy right in front of me, Damm, I guess I'll never catch a concert item but who cares, this was the best live Anthrax experience I've ever had! PERIOD!

Then to top this off, Judas Priest come on stage. All I can say is those guys can still blow a stage up! Rob Halford sang with me like TEN TIMES! Again, remember how close I was to the stage. "Turbo Lover", "Another Thing Coming", "Judas is Rising", "Hellbent for Leather", WOW, Rob actually looked at me and my buddy Cory Bury and said "FUCK YEAH"! Honestly friends, it was such a cool concert, I don't know how it could be topped! My friend Cory that was with me has been to about 200 concerts in his life, and he also agreed with me that it was the best concert ever! I didn't want it to end, but all good things come to a end I guess. At any rate, let this post be a lesson to any one on the board that's not a member of the street team, it's so worth your efforts! What a concert!

Sincerely,

August AugDawg Witzgall

P.S.: Thanks for the tickets guys, let me know when your coming around again!

Hey Folks,

All gay jokes aside,

Rob Halford is one of the best live singers I've ever seen! Period, he was even better than John Bush live(although John was great), I don't think I heard one flat note from Mr. Halford! :headbang:

AugDawg