Showstripsilence - Monsters and Humans, horrorific and all new!

axemaiden

makes you eat dead things
Aug 21, 2007
grendel's mothers cave
Showstripsilence – Monsters and Humans, horrorific and all new!
Graves Records - 2006
By Axemaiden

Showstripsilence-MonstersAndHumans.jpg

Monsters and Humans is the latest offering from Italian punk/hardcore group Showstripsilence and marks their first full album to be released. To be honest though, I’m not entirely convinced that they are ready to release an album of this length just yet. Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t a question of a lack of talent, the group are good at what they do, with the emphasis being on upbeat, chugging, chord-driven melodic riffs and lots of tunes about monsters (which is always good!) that will be sure to make them a hit with fans of the horror-punk persuasion. It’s more that they haven’t quite established enough good, solid, interesting riffs, or enough variation between their song material quite yet, so the result is that nearly every track opens with a catchy, funky beat and just ends up sounding too similar to all the other tunes on the album, which gets kind of boring after a while.
The best songs are probably, ‘...But Evil Lives Again...’, ‘Evilness’, ‘What’s Going Wrong’, ‘...The Revenge of the Swampthing!’ and ‘Think About You’, they all contain some decent and varied melodies and vocal work and are entertaining to listen to, but the other tracks kind of just blend together. My advice for the next album, keep to the stuff you’re doing, but step outside the box a little and don’t stick to the same formula for each song.

Official Showstripsilence Website
Official Showstripsilence Myspace
Official Graves Records Website