Shure Beta 91

Get the Shure and i think you'll end up selling the AKG. I've heard an engineer use the 91 live and it kicked ass, so i went out and baught the Sennheiser equivilent (e901). I've since used it live and in the studio, and i couldn't be happier with it, especially compared to the results i've had with the D112.

The 91 is the one mic Ill take with me to every gig or tour I do. I used it with other mics but in the end usually drop the other one in favour of the 91. Bought a D6 recently and the pair work really well togeather.

i like the beta91 too, especially for it's fastattack responce. the only thing i don't really like about it is it's "woody" mids.
usually i tend to pull out a lot around the 500Hz region and add another mic (b52, 602 or d112) with flatter eq to bring in some punch in the low mid area

metaldrmmer83 said:
Do you find that the small cable it comes with is an issue? Has it broken off or caused any problems?

the 90 and the 91 have really thin cables the beta 91 was a bit better but I still leave it coiled under the kick drum and use a standard XLR lead. Ive only had one break on me ever during a show.