Sigur Ros's New Album Details

in_my_time_of_disease

Whipping Post
May 29, 2006
Melbourne
The new album "Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust" or "With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly" in English is to released June 23rd if you haven't heard! The first track for the album can be downloaded for free from the official site, plus a video for the track is also there. http://www.sigurros.com/dvd3.asp. Very excited and so soon!

Not too sure about all the nudism in the video clip lol. Very energetic opening track, can't wait to hear the full thing. I wish this would happen more often, where a band announces a new album and it's like a matter of weeks to hear it, rather than months. This got announced a few days back, but I only just realised when I was buying tickets for the upcoming Melbourne show.

I love the new song and its a perfect teaser for for what is about to come. I believe this album will again take the band to new heights. It also seems to be a perfect summer album. Im going to visit my homeland of Finland when the album comes out so my listening party will be on the side of a calm lake, midnight summer light in the sky and some beautiful new music from one of the greatest bands!!

Yeah, I think it's great that it's so soon after they announce it, and agree with you that more bands should do this.

I would honestly rather be kept less informed and just be told an album is being worked on. Then out of no where tell us a month ahead of time the name, tracks, sample, video clip and the release date. I really like the track but given it's such a short wait I'm not going to listen to it much. Whereas if it were 4-5 months away I don't think I could help myself. A month is an easy wait to deal with rather than we have finished our album, oh but your gonna have to wait near a half year for it.

LOL this interview is absolutely hilarious. Oh and another track off the new album "festival" was played on the radio yesterday. And has come up online. Loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the two new songs "festival" and "gobbledigook" are pure bliss to my ears. I'm so fucking exited for this album!!!!

and you know what i'm more excited about? their first show of the tour is tomorrow in my hometown Guadalajara, México. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! So fucking excited I am!!!

Yeah I cbf changing it, then afterward I thought it would be funny if someone thought that "in english" was part of the title haha. Edit I just fixed, guess the prank didn't work haha. Oh and watch that youtube video I posed earlier, its hilarious.