Silent Lapse is in the Heavyweights competition in Grand Rapids, MI.

matt schrauben

Curse You All Men!
Jan 24, 2006
Westphalia, MI
www.silentlapse.com
Everyone, some big news:

We are on the Heavyweights battle of the bands competition 2013 at the Intersection in Grand Rapids! The biggest battle of the bands in Michigan! This is a huge opportunity for us to gain some good exposure and to play with some of the best Michigan has to offer. Tickets to this show are ONLY 5 DOLLARS! Yes that's right, only 5 dollars. We need your support guys!

Also,
our round is SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th. If we get enough interest we may be setting up transportation (buses) to take you to and from the show. Let us know. You can get a hold of me personally at matt@silentlapse.com or Message us on Facebook. We also will make a facebook event shortly for this as well. Thanks for all you do guys! We wouldn't be here without you.

Here is the link to the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/259634274164745/

Guys,

We got a bus for the big show! If you are interested in going, get a hold of me at matt@silentlapse.com.

The cost to be on the bus is 20 bucks. Tickets for the show are 5. The bus is meeting in Westphalia, MI at the K of C bowling alley parking lot at 5:45pm and departing at 6pm. It will depart from GR at 11pm.

Let me know if you want in? Hagenmusic, you are in Ionia right? :)

Hmmmm, I may be able to swing that.. My daughters 2nd birthday is that weekend so i have to figure that out first.

But I am going to try to go regardless.

Do you guys know what time you will be going on saturday? I'm planning on going won't be able to ride the bus over though unfortunately.

Also if you guys wanted me to buy the ticket directly from you i can do that.. I'm sure the more tickets you sell the better chances you have of moving on.. Otherwise i will just pick it up at the door.

Gonna try and get my brother to come along with me and maybe a couple other people.

Do you guys know what time you will be going on saturday? I'm planning on going won't be able to ride the bus over though unfortunately.

Also if you guys wanted me to buy the ticket directly from you i can do that.. I'm sure the more tickets you sell the better chances you have of moving on.. Otherwise i will just pick it up at the door.

Gonna try and get my brother to come along with me and maybe a couple other people.

If you need tickets from us, give me a call or text or something. I'll come out to your place and get them to you if you need. I will send you a private message on here with my phone number.

Thanks man!

It was great to meet all you guys on saturday. Also, you sounded great. Can't wait to see you play again when you get to play for more than 20 minutes.

It was great to meet all you guys on saturday. Also, you sounded great. Can't wait to see you play again when you get to play for more than 20 minutes.

Thanks for coming out Nick! Just to let you know, we do have another show on March 2nd in GR. It's at Mulligan's. We're playing with Flood The Desert who you will probably also enjoy. I'm not sure on set times, but I think we'll get a longer set this time.

Rock!

Got it marked on my calender.. Should be able to make it.

Did you guys make it to the final round saturday? I checked 101.3's website but it hasn't been updated. I only saw the two bands that played after you guys, and if either of those two made it that would be a disaster. They were terrible!

Got it marked on my calender.. Should be able to make it.

Did you guys make it to the final round saturday? I checked 101.3's website but it hasn't been updated. I only saw the two bands that played after you guys, and if either of those two made it that would be a disaster. They were terrible!

We didn't make it, but neither did the other two bands after us. The bands that did make it were Aside the Ashes and Burden of Ages.

Bummer...

I've been involved in a few battle of the bands, and every one has always been a money contest.. Whoever can bring the most people, or pay them the most money wins.. Which i totally understand, because they have to make there money.. But it is also stupid because almost always the best band there will never win.

But i suppose who i think is the best is just my opinion or musical taste.