Simpsons DVD Question

bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
Since I am too lazy to look it up, and most of you know this shit off the top of your heads anyway, I must ask how many seasons are out on DVD right now?

I ask because last night, my son kept asking me to put Simpsons on. And I would have, except they don't come on here until 10 p.m. and he's in bed by nine. But he made me feel terrible last night because I didn't have any Simpsons for him to watch.

Two-year-olds don't understand the concept of "not until Sunday". :Smug:

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
It's a sad state of affairs when he won't take Spongebob for a substitute.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. There's a hierarchy to cartoon viewing and The Simpsons always come first.

Ragamuffin said:
Sounds perfectly normal to me. There's a hierarchy to cartoon viewing and The Simpsons always come first.
Of course. But he watches Spongebob far more than he does the Simpsons, mostly because they're hardly ever on. He only gets to see them Sunday nights, and then nights during the week when Fox puts them on primetime to fill in for whatever.

Here's our conversation from last night:

"Simpsons?"
"No, the Simpsons aren't on."
"Simpsons?"
"No, you can't see Simpsons."
"Simpsons!"
"Joe! They're not on! You can't watch the Simpsons."
"SIMPSONS!"
"How about Spongebob?"
"NO!! SIMPSONS!!"
"Blue's Clues?"
"SIMPSONS!"
"How about you take a bath instead?"
"NO! SIMPSONS!!"

I finally distracted him with one of his firetrucks, but I don't know how he'll keep falling for that.

Firetrucks are relatively new for him, but he's so in love it's going to last a while. He's got every firetruck we've found (Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Tonka, other brands I never even heard of, etc.), he's been inside several trucks and been to two different stations and stop to talk to firefighters we see while we're out. Just about all firefighters he's met think it's cool. He points firetrucks out on the street, and on TV. He makes my husband draw firetrucks on his Magna Doodle. I'd say he's obsessed. It all started when Phoenix Fire was doing a lot of training in our complex, and parked right outside our apartment.

But one of these days he'll catch on to me trying to distract him and put an end to it. He's very perceptive when it serves his own purposes.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Here's our conversation from last night:

"Simpsons?"
"No, the Simpsons aren't on."
"Simpsons?"
"No, you can't see Simpsons."
"Simpsons!"
"Joe! They're not on! You can't watch the Simpsons."
"SIMPSONS!"
"How about Spongebob?"
"NO!! SIMPSONS!!"
"Blue's Clues?"
"SIMPSONS!"
"How about you take a bath instead?"
"NO! SIMPSONS!!"

I finally distracted him with one of his firetrucks, but I don't know how he'll keep falling for that.
WOW! I sound exacly like Joe when I want something!