Sin City: the Movie

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Deserves its own thread.

Best movie I've seen in over 10 years (not counting LOTR trilogy), without question. An instant classic, and Mickey Rourke's character, "Marv," immediately pole vaults to the top of the cinematic badass category.

Anyone else seen it yet?

don't really care about these comic book flicks ... but Rourke deserves a comeback for sure !!!

Aurel, it's barely a comic book flick. It's an ultra-violent crime noir story with incredible dialog, a groundbreaking, industry-altering cinematic style and the single-best ensemble cast ever on film.

Yes, I'm serious.

I can't recommend this movie enough. If it doesn't win the Oscar for best picture, the film media world has serious issues.

did you hear the story regarding Rodriguez and what happened with the Directors Guild re: this movie?

it seems that the DGA wanted Frank Millers name off the co-director credit ... Rodriguez said fuck off ... so the DGA took away his DGA card ... not to mention his rights to direct some trilogy that he was previously given to do.

I love Rodriguez, he is a fuckinh rebel. Did you guys see on the Once Upon a Time in Mexico DVD, the elaborate setup he has at his home in Texas. He practically is a one man show when it comes to editing and adding sound to his flicks. Not to mention he is an HD advocate.

Tarantino, who is a 35mm freak, apparently completely converted to HD and is shooting his next feature in HD after working on Sin City with Rodriguez.

Might have to check this Sin City afterall ...

It's definitely got his flair and style all over it, but equally as important is that Frank Miller was involved in the movie's directorial aspects from nuts-to-bolts. You really can't go wrong when the story's creator and owner is integrally involved.

Also, as if I haven't made it clear that this movie fucking rules yet...

It has some of the HOTTEST FUCKING WOMEN, all dressed very nicely :headbang:

Rosario Dawson - *drool*
Jessica Alba - *drool*
Jamie King - *drool*

assorted unnamed uber-hot "Old Town" hookers :D

i am totally obsessed with Devon Aoki ... she has this like fucking fake asian barbie doll look ... that is totally fucking hot

Here ya go lurch :cool:

Devon_Aoki_in_Sin_City_Wallpaper_4_800.jpg