Singers - VOCAL RANGES!

I saw DT on their last tour and they played Learning To Live. I though LaBrie nailed it perfectly, but maybe I just didn't noticed he changed some parts.

As for the original topic, I recently improved a lot, and I can hit the highest notes in Hallowed be thy Name, in head voice though.

Hmmm..... my natural range isn't bad, but even before I reach falsetto, my voice gets thin and weak. I am a strong baritone and close to bass which sucks for metal. My falsetto voice, though not strong is stable and clear and I (when in practice) am an accomplished harmony vocalist, but my natural voice is suited for things like Southern Rock only.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmm..... my natural range isn't bad, but even before I reach falsetto, my voice gets thin and weak. I am a strong baritone and close to bass which sucks for metal. My falsetto voice, though not strong is stable and clear and I (when in practice) am an accomplished harmony vocalist, but my natural voice is suited for things like Southern Rock only.

Bryant

nice to see you here Bryant

aiwass said:
Ah, I see.

Oh, and LaBrie can't go that high anymore. He hit that F# on Learning to Live back in the Images and Words days, but there's no way in hell that he can do it today. It has taken him years to recover from his vocal chord injury after Awake, and nowadays he probably can't go higher than a D or so.

Labrie hit that note in 2004 on the Train of thought tour.

Hmm I can go from D below the low e on a guitar to about the a on the 17th fret on the high e of a guitar in head voice. In whistle voice i can get up to 29th fret. The thing abou the low e on a bass i reall doubt in a clear non croaky powerful tone because barry white oculdnt even go that low and he is respected for having one of the lowest voices in singing.

any of you singers in the orange county area, california. because im still having trouble finding a good singer for my progressive-power metal band. any interested? email me or PM me. PLEASE!!!!

Can someone explain the ranges?like how dou you measure ones range and stuff.

And a vocalist friend of mine told me Eric Adams from Manowar has a kiskass range and considered as one of the best rock-metal singers.Is that true?

Although I'm incredibly singing shy and have only sung inf front of people twice in the past 5 years or so, I do enjoy singing when I'm alone and when no one can hear me. So technically I'm not a singer, but people have told me that I have a good voice. Dio's "Holy Diver" is right in my range, although one or two of the notes are tough for me to hit.

The Low End said:
The other day, my keyboardist "checked" my range, and he said its B2-A4, is that good?

I could tell you, but I don't know what the numbers with the notes refer to in terms of octaves......I'd need to know the notes. But....I'm guessing maybe B below middle C to the A above the treble cleff? If so, that's a really nice solid tenor range.

thats not b2 to a4 dude, Thats B1 to A4. That B1 is fucking low dude, I can do it though. On my best day ever in any form of voice including whistle tone I have got from A1 - D8. But in a comfortable singing range without the whistle notes i would say I am D2-A5

I can sing probably a low-E equivalent to the open 6th string on a normal guitar in standard tuning. Maybe I can go a little lower, but it doesn't sound good and is definitely not performance-worthy.

My high range fluctuates a bit. The highest note I've hit without falcetto is a B-flat, equivalent to fretting the 6th fret of the high-E string on a guitar. It's not reliable, though. I can reliably hit a G in chest voice and a B-natural in head voice.