Sirenia (Tristania) anyone?

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
Anyone else heard the new stuff from Sirenia? I have heard two songs, Meridian and Sister Nightfall, they are both amazing! If you don't know, Sirenia is the new band from M Veland who left Tristania right after Beyond the Veil. I like Tristania a lot, but I think this new stuff from Sirenia might just blow Tristania away. They are a gothic/doom/melodic/death mix, with great male and female vox. Makes me think of Tristania with an In Flames twist combined with Fields of the Nephilim and Sister of Mercy, the male vox remind me of McCoy from Fields with a harsh edge, the female vox are stunningly beautiful. Download the songs (they are both on AudioGalaxy), and let me know what you think.

yep i downloaded the 2 tracks and i think it is rad stuff! I was thinking when you said goth/melodic death it would be like Godgory (another band i LOVE!!! the song Resurrection is a MASTERPIECE!!) but it's not really. Still very cool though

I think Beyond the Veil is Tristania's best album, everything they've released after it has been rather, well, dull.

Thanks for the tip!

I'm not saying Widow's Weeds or World of Glass are bad, I just would've liked them to be a bit more faster and energetic.

Well, I haven't listened to the new stuff very intently - I'm sure there's a good deal of brilliant stuff to hear.

HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!!! I turned on the RADIO of all things because i couldn't sleep (it'a 5 AM here) and in all my life i have NEVER heard of METAL or anything being played on radio here... AND THE FUCKING GUY STARTS TALKIN ABOUT TRISTANIA AND THAT THEYR RHYTHM GUITAR PLAYER LEFT TO PLAY IN THIS BAND!!!!! that is the biggest fucking coincidence ever. I mean FUCK i have NEVEr heard metal played in my LIFE here in calgary... and i mysteriously hear THIS when i turn on the radio for the first time in like 3 years and he is talking aobut this album.. HOLY HELL i had to jump out of bed and write this here. That is jusT TOO BIG a coincidence for me to handle right now... how am i supposed to go to sleep now?

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
I think Widow's Weeds is very good too.

I have widows's weeds, and I hear a lot of great things about Tristania, but I just can't get into the cd enough to listen past the first few songs...maybe I have some sort of problem with ultra melodic stuff....but I know that's not it since I ADORE Silentium...which is sort of along the same genre...

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
yep i downloaded the 2 tracks and i think it is rad stuff! I was thinking when you said goth/melodic death it would be like Godgory (another band i LOVE!!! the song Resurrection is a MASTERPIECE!!) but it's not really. Still very cool though

Couldn't agree more about Godgory, they are fucking brilliant! I really dig the first two cds, Sea of Dreams and Shadows Dance (the almighty hand of Swano!). Do you lie the new one, Way Beyond? It didn't grab me the first couple of times, but the last time I put it on (with headphones) I thought it was quite good. I do think that Resurrection is their best, fantastic cd all the way through, I like the alternating slow/fast songs. Crimson Snow is insane!