sites featuring lists of releases

rahvin

keeper of the flame
Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
i know i probably asked this once before, but can someone please direct me to sites with huge big lists of records released in the past and to be released soon? in any style, but mostly metal, punk, and electronic music. comprehensive databases are very welcome, but i'm also looking for sites that have handy lists of all announced releases in a style. not just the stuff that comes out on a few popular labels, but more or less everything, aiming for a complete index.
i will reward the ones who offer the best advice with either pineapples or free cd's or nights of passionate loving.

fireangel said:
Do I get a reward also if I teach you finnish or provide you with Tuska-Information? ;)
for that, you'll have your reward without a doubt (damn, you must love pineapples more than i do! :p). for rockhard.de, well, it's not really what i had in mind as i find it a bit incomplete and limited to the metal style, but thanks anyway. :)

rahvin said:
for that, you'll have your reward without a doubt (damn, you must love pineapples more than i do! :p). for rockhard.de, well, it's not really what i had in mind as i find it a bit incomplete and limited to the metal style, but thanks anyway. :)
hm. Pineapples are sort of okay. About RH, I said it´s a start. I have to leave the house in 10 minutes, so.... I don´t know a database for all of those together, I only know for different music styles separately. I doubt anyhow you´ll find your dream-database, but hopefully I am proven wrong.

Actually I was only after the reward ;)

@wazoo: is that an album dedicated to the memory of Sirius Black? :lol: :lol:

Child of Time said:
The only site that comes in my mind is www.allmusic.com. I don't think it's listing coming releases, but I there's lots of facts on bands and quite often reviews on albums.
yeah, allmusic is possibly the largest music database on the net, but it has lots of inaccuracies and mistakes, especially on new releases.

what rahvin is looking for has to be focused only on one or two particular genres. i don't think such a site exists yet, otherwise i'd be browsing it every day. :D

yes, yes. I think, too, that I would have heard of such a super-site if it would exist (or maybe not, but I thought possibility was high). I know only those limited either in size, genre or country, so maybe after all rahvin has to start a new project ;)

rahvin said:
@fireangel: then i think i will, i'm not scared to face it on my own!

now, where do we start? :D

First of all, explain me why it is so important that you have this? I just check from those bands I like, and pretty much miss nothing. I also get several catalogues (from emp, nuclear blast, etc in print, because that reduces d/l time) Also I subscribed to couple of label-newsletters. So I don´t feel like at the end of the world or so.

Well, my life goals are not exactly this project. I have more work to do. But I heard there is one project existing where we have the same goals and where it is very nice to have some support. :)
:wave:

@fireangel: i was joking. at least in part. and in part i feel the need to keep updated on so many different styles and new bands that a site about metal is clearly not enough: i listen to metal for no more than 10% of my time spent with music as of now.
but when it comes to our other project, you know i'm there in the frontline with you. ;)

rahvin:
I know you listen to many different styles, and I wasn´t speaking only about metal. What I meant about my "system" can be used with other genres, too. Because I have to continously check releases from 2-3 countries, so what I find here for Germany (which is usually the same release-schedule for other european countries) is not similar with Finland/Sweden.

You know what I mean, (I hope) and I know what you mean. So good luck however ;)

EDIT: I luv projects :D

@s4r: thanks! i was totally unaware of the existence of the first 3 sites you've listed. :) i am now slowly revolving on my chair and going yay. it helps that today there's just me in this office. :p
the other sites i'm more familiar with, and they're indeed quite good except for the lack of a wider area dedicated to upcoming releases...

oh, and i'm glad you dropped by. :)