Skid Row tonight ... DVD shoot.. 2 for 1

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
If you were planning on going and don't have tickets or whatever. Just letting you know that they are doing a DVD shoot for Skid Row and you can get 2 for 1 (to fill the house I'd assume >_>), if you get the email from center stage. Probably can get it from Center Stage site as well. If not PM me in the next... 3.5 hours with your email addy and I'll forward it to you.

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER
------------------------------------------------
PRINT THIS EMAIL AND REDEEM IT AT THE
CENTER STAGE BOX OFFICE FOR 2 FOR 1
TICKETS TO TONIGHT'S LIVE DVD RECORDING OF

SKID ROW
w/ Nashville Pussy & Kings X

8pm Doors / 9pm Show / All Ages
Center Stage Atlanta
1374 West Peachtree Street
www.centerstage-atlanta.com

This Discount Offer Made Possible by:

I've never enjoyed Nashville Pussy and Skid Row doesn't appeal to me at all without Bach singing. However, If I were in Atlanta, I'd go just for King's X and leave afterwards or hang out in the lobby and have a few cocktails. ;) In fact, if I were in either band, I'd worry about King's X blowing me off the stage just prior to my own DVD shoot... It could be another "Evergrey Effect" night... :lol:

Show was good. Turns out Nashville Pussy did open. Not too impressed with them, but I didn't have real high expectations. Good party sleaze/rock if you like that kind of thing. A bit over the top at times.

Kings X bored me to tears. Great talent no doubt, but I just couldn't get into everything being mid-tempo.

Skid Row was quite good. Energy level was up and down. They should have gone on earlier because by the time they got to the end of the set the place was THIN!!!! All the standards were played (except Riot Act which I was not too happy about). Only songs off Thickskin were Thick is the Skin" and "New Generation". Three songs off the new album were played. Two of the three were absolutely terrible (I don't have the album yet), but the third song was actually quite enjoyable to my ears. I love Johnny Solinger, but I had some issues with his performance. I think they were having some sound issues as the volume kept going in and out and he did a few too many unnessecary high pitched screams. The band sounded tight and the only real low point for me was the two guitar solos that weren't all that impressive. Seriously, once you've seen what some of these prog-power guys do, it's hard to be wowed by your typical players.

Overall I'd give the performance an 7.5/10. I enjoyed it, but I've seen them better.

Missed NP, caught most of King's X... they're not my thing, but they're very tight live, and my friend who's a fan enjoyed the show. Skid Row was a little disappointing... I didn't expect the guy to sound like Bas, but I thought he'd have been able to pull more of the old stuff off. Maybe he was having a bad night, but he didn't even try for a lot of stuff, and couldn't hit some stuff he tried for. They shouldn't have even played 'I Remember You.' The new stuff didn't sound bad at all to me, just sort of generic.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the show. Good set list, pretty energetic, just wish they had a more capable singer when it comes to the old stuff.

Didn't see a soul I knew there outside of the 3 people who came with me... was a bit different from when I'm usually there! :)

Shaye

Missed NP, caught most of King's X... they're not my thing, but they're very tight live, and my friend who's a fan enjoyed the show. Skid Row was a little disappointing... I didn't expect the guy to sound like Bas, but I thought he'd have been able to pull more of the old stuff off. Maybe he was having a bad night, but he didn't even try for a lot of stuff, and couldn't hit some stuff he tried for. They shouldn't have even played 'I Remember You.' The new stuff didn't sound bad at all to me, just sort of generic.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the show. Good set list, pretty energetic, just wish they had a more capable singer when it comes to the old stuff.

Didn't see a soul I knew there outside of the 3 people who came with me... was a bit different from when I'm usually there! :)

Shaye

I wouldn't try to hit the notes that Sebastian use to hit either! :lol: Not too many vocalist can! :OMG: