Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shapes Of Insanity

• Mind Revolution

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FromHereToDeath said:
I'd agree with Cloud Connected... but Pinball Map :err: For me it'd come down to a few choices:- Brush the Dust Away, Another Day in Quicksand or Suburban Me... to me, every song on Clayman's ruddy good though :p

Yeah, you missed my point, heh. I meant, like Gums said, that the singles usually overwhelmingly win popularity polls, just by virtue of being singles.

So Gums is right in a way... but I would say Skyfire write very well rounded albums with a little something for everyone, despite not having "singles".

Hey all. I just got back from Orlando for spring break, and in the true spirit of metal I decided that during the trip I would only listen to Mind Revolution and Spectral to see where my favorites really lied. For Mind Revolution, after 6 full days, here are the results:

Nightmares Nevermore: 10
Haunted By Shadows: 3
Colliding In Mind: 3
Dawn Will Break: 16
Uncloud the Sky: 19
Shapes of Insanity: 4
Blinded By Euphoria: 22
Caged: 1
Mind Revolution: 4

I can't believe it was so one sided, and I consider Nightmares Nevermore and Uncloud the Sky my favorite tracks. Just thought that was kinda interesting.

About the singles thing, Skyfire has always been VERY well rounded, yet it has always seemed to me like the first songs are the "singles". Fragments of Time: Definitely. Nightmares Nevermore: Pretty much as single as you get on that CD. Conjuring the Thoughts: Maybe not the most accessible but single material none the less.

And lastly, on the topic of a Clayman song survivor, I laugh when I look at From Here to Death's suggestions. Here is, on iTunes, my play count for the Clayman album (started in 2003).

Square Nothing: 266
Only For the Weak: 198
Bullet Ride: 227
============
Another Day In Quicksand: 39
Brush the Dust Away: 57
Suburban Me: 32
I don't know what I'm trying to prove to anyone with these numbers but FromHereToDeath, I dislike your favorite songs and therefore we should have a sword duel.