Skyrim...the God of all games!!!

MetalJunkie999

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2013
It has:
History(previous elder scrolls)
Theology(that makes sense)
Ultimate free roam capabilities(when you're not stuck in a rock)
Brutal fighting(when you manage to hit someone after five hours of missing)
Thousands of mods(which really are needed for the ultimate experience)
You get to decapitate people! Then eat them to top it off!(Enough said)

What am I forgetting?

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time.png

I have a love hate thing going on with Skyrim. To me it's a HUGE game but there's not all that much to actually discover. It gets a bit samey VERY early on imo.

Go in a cave, kill some bandits,
Go into a mine, kill some bandits,
Walk out, kill dragon,
Go into cave, kill a bear.

That being said, I've still sunk about 500 hours of my life into this game for some reason!

Vanilla Skyrim is OK-ish.

Modded Skyrim is really one of the best games i ever played.

I started TES on "Arena" back when 320*240*256 VGA was the standard for games :)

Best game ever argument aside, this is still one of the most hilarious mods for Skyrim, IMO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm old. My favorite games are on super NES. I actually hated N64 for the most part.

I can tolerate replaying some old games on Wii now that the controllers don't suck massive cock.

Yeah I think about 90% of what was out there for N64 blew ass, but that other 10% was fucking LEGENDARY. Ocarina, Goldeneye, Mario 64 were all truly groundbreaking games in my mind. Star fox and Donkey Kong 64 were amazing too.

But the last zelda game I played was A Link To The Past from snes. They had some fuckin killer rpgs on that system. Chrono trigger anyone?

Skyrim is cool, but I don't have any elder scrolls tattoos. I DO have the Hylian shield tattooed on my thigh. LINK FOR LIFE MOFOS.

Another thing, I'm not nearly as into modern RPGs. i've tried playing SKyrim, The Witcher 2, and Dragon Age. They're all just too..... complicated. I feel like I spend WAY too much fucking time on my inventory and gathering plants and leather for items than I do actually having fun. I get so bored with them. Give me a Zelda game, Final Fantasy (tactics included), CT or shining force any day. You get right down to the fun and don't spend hours ordering around every imaginable variable.

Yeah I think about 90% of what was out there for N64 blew ass, but that other 10% was fucking LEGENDARY. Ocarina, Goldeneye, Mario 64 were all truly groundbreaking games in my mind. Star fox and Donkey Kong 64 were amazing too.

But the last zelda game I played was A Link To The Past from snes. They had some fuckin killer rpgs on that system. Chrono trigger anyone?

Skyrim is cool, but I don't have any elder scrolls tattoos. I DO have the Hylian shield tattooed on my thigh. LINK FOR LIFE MOFOS.

Another thing, I'm not nearly as into modern RPGs. i've tried playing SKyrim, The Witcher 2, and Dragon Age. They're all just too..... complicated. I feel like I spend WAY too much fucking time on my inventory and gathering plants and leather for items than I do actually having fun. I get so bored with them. Give me a Zelda game, Final Fantasy (tactics included), CT or shining force any day. You get right down to the fun and don't spend hours ordering around every imaginable variable.

Agreed 100%.

I get the point of those rpgs that have lots and lots of optional stuff and ultra exploration to do and lots of customization, etc etc...but it starts getting too complex and it's just too much so it starts getting boring. All those "rpgs" mentioned above (they're not even real rpgs) have a perfect balance of adventure, simple yet versatile battle systems, a decent amount of exploration, doesn't take your entire day selection your armor, combined with well told stories and god tier music all in a simple and non realistic setup that made the games super immersive.

Rpgs are meant to be complex, it all depends on our tastes and how complex we like them so for me a easy and relatively fast gameplay is what's all about.

I didnt played too many RPG´s but I think this one, it´s awesome in every way

I actually preferred Shining Force 1. It's probably my favorite game of all time.
Was super stoked when they came out with it for the iPhone.