SLATE FGX > on i7 (2600k) more hungry than on old quad (

they got back to me a few days ago, im part of the beta team now.
but have no solution yet... still the same problem.

i will have to try 64 bit to see if there is problems with that..

does it just take more CPU power or do you experience ASIO overloads caused by FG-X also!?

i really have a monster machine, i can run all current games at ultra max settings without problems but cubase 5.5.3 (64 and 32 bit) gives me asio spikes.

i went through all of my plugins and it seems that everything goes
right until i load up FG-X but i'm still not 100% sure if FG-X is causing the spikes.

cheers
S.

Do you guys have problems with any other plugins? Or just FG-X? FG-X is a very CPU intensive plugin... that + the fact that I didn't think it was clean enough sounding is why I sold it.

People having issues with 2600k systems while mixing bothers me though. I'm still on an old Q6600 quad core and have been planning on building a new computer with a 2600k. I figured NO plugins should have trouble with it... It's pretty damn powerful.

People having issues with 2600k systems while mixing bothers me though. I'm still on an old Q6600 quad core and have been planning on building a new computer with a 2600k. I figured NO plugins should have trouble with it... It's pretty damn powerful.

same with me, i´m currently on an old Q6600 on XP and it works good, now i want to buy a new daw with an i7 2700k, and now i´m afraid many things will not work well, i´m also using RC-Tube alot, does this plugin, or VCC has the same behavours as FG-X on i7 processors?

Do you guys have problems with any other plugins? Or just FG-X? FG-X is a very CPU intensive plugin... that + the fact that I didn't think it was clean enough sounding is why I sold it.

in my case it's not the plugin that made the problems,
it's damn fucking cubase.

Cubase 5.5.3 > i load up an old project which was running grea ton my old computer, asio overloads all the way. getting FG-X out of the project lowers the amount of overloads but still there were a few.

Cubase 6 trial > no problems at all. FG-X still takes up a lot of power though.
so i am basically forced to upgrade to C6 as 5.5.3 is the final cubas 5 release.

so don't be afraid to get an 2600K, not really sure how to emasure this but it seems like it has about twice the power of my old Q6600, that's great and more than i will need in the next few years! :)

cheers
S.

in my case it's not the plugin that made the problems,
it's damn fucking cubase.

Cubase 5.5.3 > i load up an old project which was running grea ton my old computer, asio overloads all the way. getting FG-X out of the project lowers the amount of overloads but still there were a few.

Cubase 6 trial > no problems at all. FG-X still takes up a lot of power though.
so i am basically forced to upgrade to C6 as 5.5.3 is the final cubas 5 release.

so don't be afraid to get an 2600K, not really sure how to emasure this but it seems like it has about twice the power of my old Q6600, that's great and more than i will need in the next few years! :)

cheers
S.

thanks for your reply :) cheers

coming from a q6600 i remember my system was LESS powerful... might be the switch from 32 to 64 bit... basically fgx is the only plugin that became unusable, cause it takes up 25 % of cpu... if your using fgx on the masterbus (like me) when mixing,
id stay on the q6600 till they fix that...

coming from a q6600 i remember my system was LESS powerful... might be the switch from 32 to 64 bit... basically fgx is the only plugin that became unusable, cause it takes up 25 % of cpu... if your using fgx on the masterbus (like me) when mixing,
id stay on the q6600 till they fix that...

thanks for your reply, i havnt fgx on the masterbus anyway.. i prefer to do use it in a masteringchain in a different project with a stereo mixdown of the song.

i7, 64bit and cubase 6 im coming :) :headbang: