Slate - RevMKIII - Hellraiser = Heavyyyyy!

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,

This isn't the new Fallen Fate song, its something I knocked up earlier this afternoon. I felt like pulling the ol' 7 string out and knocking out a few riffs.
Its not even a real song....yet? It was to excercise the production of MKIII demo and Slate black kit really, see what I could come up with.

I like to think its kinda a combo between Nevermore and Metallica.....however if it makes somebodys head bob up and down for the 1:20 it goes on for then ill be happy! :lol:

Any questions or comments feel free :Smokin:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzndzzyyyun

Less Harsh?: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kdok2bwfkei

Jaymz

Really good! Liking the overall mix, apart from the snare... I think there is too much reverb on it for this kind of song...
Great work! Nice riffs!

what exaxt slate samples you've used?
everything perfect - just the snare reverb - it's too much for this song

Thanks guys, its just the Z4 on the snare which ill bring down tonight as I agree there is a bit much decay. Usually I have a issue getting it so prominant :lol:

Its the black kick and snare in Kontakt. Also known as the "black kit".

The RevMKIII settings are pretty much Behindert's so credit to him with a GH impulse.

Ill post the link to his topic where he shows you his screenshot of the settings, later.

Jaymz

Surprised at that, cos I don't really like Behindert's guitars, but these ones sound pretty decent. Agree that the reverb needs to come down. Rest sounds great, although could use with a bit of filling up the low-mids, a different bass tone, or perhaps synth (not familiar with your music and don't know if you rly experiment with that tho, or if it'd fit), or maybe even some editing of the guitars for some more low-mids.

Link updated. Took a lot of Z4 off the snare played around with the rest.

Im pretty impressed with the bass tone, wanted to get the Lacuna Coil/Exodus style bass popping through the guitars:kickass:

Screenshots: These are Behindert's, mine are were tweaked off this, abit more gain and less treble pretty much. Post EQ will have varied, I had to add a fair amount of low's into the guitars, just my taste really. Impulse was GH's "newIR" sample or something. Have fun! :headbang:

RevMkIIIACM.jpg

RevmkIII6505.jpg

What kind of post-processing did you do to the guitars/mix? Any limiting/compressors on the master bus?

Sounds killer dude! :)

What kind of post-processing did you do to the guitars/mix? Any limiting/compressors on the master bus?

Sounds killer dude! :)

Hey man thanks for the comment!

Well all I did was whack a Q10 with a boost around 70-100hz and around 200hz, boost at 1.5k, cut at 2-4k *mainly on the new link at the top "less harsh"*, roll off at 11.4k. Thats about it for the guitars.

Master bus some EQ just taking out some more 2-4k and adding a bit more low mid range in there around, -3db GR with a SSL Gcomp, Gclip shaving a bit off with some makeup gain, PSPmixsaturator mixed in fairly low and a Voxengo Elephant on the "punchy master" preset.

Thats about it!

Check out the "less harsh" mix I just posted, a guy off the Slate forum had some suggestions for the master EQ that he posted a remix of, thought id try it out myself. Good man! :Smokin:

Jaymz