Slate says i cant make TCI´s with my SSD wav files

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
A strange thing happened ... I found an old backup dvd with my Steven slate drums 3.5 and it contains all the wav and gog files (i thought i lost them and they stopped providing them years ago).

i am a trigger EX owner so i asked the SSD technical support about making tci files with those wav files so i can make my own made "ssd platinum tci´s".

Their answer: "Those included in Trigger are from older SSD 3.5 product and are specifically congealed for use as .tci's to work with Trigger and license code base as they are striped with security data to prevent piracy/fraudulent distribution. We do not allow for resampling of our data to another format under licensing terms thus you will need to upgrade to Trigger Platinum for such data. Other wav's or aiff files can be used with the Instrument Maker however."

So basically their are telling me that i can either buy the upgrade to trigger platinum to have those tci files or use a competitor´s program (drumagog/apptrigga/whatever..) to use those samples...
Im a big Slate Digital fan and their technical support has always been excellent and very fast.
What do you think??
Should i pay for something that i "technically" own and can make myself with the trigger instrument editor (but they tell me that i cant do it)??:loco:

Honestly, that's kind of bullshit to me. I don't understand why you asked - I would have just done it. You own both products, using them together is in no way shape or form illegal. Breaking the EULA isn't against the law.

Actually what i asked them was..
"i want to make tci´s with the SSD 3.5 platinum wav files.
Is there anything special about the "real" SSD Tci files?
or i can make them with the SSD wav files using the automatic midi thresholds and amg preset of trigger?
i tried to open a SSD tci files to look at them but the instrument editor told me that i cant do it"

and they told me that

Yeah, I gotta say, this is one of those instances where it's difficult to get behind their position. It's cool if you use it with aptrigga or soundreplacer but you have to give them more money if you want to use their samples with their sampler.

Its not like i am asking for them to give me them for free...
i just asked it they could give me some information
about the ssd tci files so i can do it myself (even if that would take a couple of hours or more)

Kind of a standard policy within the sampling world I'm afraid. I'm not saying don't do it, but you wouldn't be able to share them.

even if i make them...why the hell would i share them?..i mean..i paid for them.

Even when i bought trigger EX (and i dont regret it) i thought ..why dont they sell "just" the program alone cheaper? why do i have to pay for samples i already own?...
i mean they even give you the trigger instrument editor to use your own wavs...
i was even kinda pissed off when they suddenly stopped providing gogs and wavs and you cannot access them with your SSD account...because when i bought it
they were part of the "pack"...if you are gonna make your own program ..ok..thats great...but give me what i have paid for...

as i said...im still a big Slate fan..i use his plugins on every project and im eager to buy VTM after all the great reviews

Their answer: "Those included in Trigger are from older SSD 3.5 product and are specifically congealed for use as .tci's to work with Trigger and license code base as they are striped with security data to prevent piracy/fraudulent distribution.

I doubt that any security data would still be there once you converted them to tci's.
I have my doubts that slate even has the security data on the samples at all, just trying to scare people away from sharing them. (fair enough)
BTW i plan to convert the CLA SSD to tci files for my own use. (didn't want to miss out on the cymbals)

even if i make them...why the hell would i share them?..i mean..i paid for them.

Even when i bought trigger EX (and i dont regret it) i thought ..why dont they sell "just" the program alone cheaper? why do i have to pay for samples i already own?...
i was even kinda pissed off when they suddenly stopped providing gogs and wavs and you cannot access them with your SSD account...because when i bought it
they were part of the "pack"...if you are gonna make your own program ..ok..thats great...but give me what i have paid for...

as i said...im still a big Slate fan..i use his plugins on every project and im eager to buy VTM after all the great reviews

Yeah it's kind of whack that you had access to some stuff, and it was taken away. Not many other companies I work with would do that - kinda lame tbh.

Whoa whoa whoa... who told you that? Those are your wav files, you bought them, you can make TCI's with them till you are blue in the face for all I care. It doesn't violate any policy we have unless you plan to sell them. There is fingerprint code on various files but that won't go away because it's embedded in the wav form. So you're all good to go. Email me who responded to you at slate@stevenslate.com

Steven

Whoa whoa whoa... who told you that? Those are your wav files, you bought them, you can make TCI's with them till you are blue in the face for all I care. It doesn't violate any policy we have unless you plan to sell them. There is fingerprint code on various files but that won't go away because it's embedded in the wav form. So you're all good to go. Email me who responded to you at slate@stevenslate.com

Steven

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The-Zeronaut is making TCI's
While I'm firing you

I was about to pop in here and mention that I thought I had seen Slate tell someone on this forum once to email him for a link to the WAVs, so I couldn't see any of this being legit.

Looks like Slate beat me to the punch!

Tomorrow morning at the office
Steven+Slate.png

Umm... Not sure if it's appropriate to make fun of the person in question being fired. Everybody fucks up once in a while and most likely this person also clings to his / her job the same way most of you do.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express