Slayer Dvd - Still Reigning

i got this dvd and i can say it is really nice shit. Yet, the audience is INDIFFERENT. I remember the video from Live intrusion there were people dying right there. Now the fans are just standing. NOT proper for a slayer concert. I remember the day slayer came to greece - you could literally see blood pumped arround in the mosh pit. A slayer video with no violent fans and huge moshpits is not a slayer video.
Truth is, slayer have obviously played this city (don't know which one it is) quite a few times, and fans have become used to the sight. No harm in that, yet a video like Still regning needed the force of the crowd, to remind what happened in the 80's and that is simply not there in this release.

Crowds sometimes can really fuck up a live recording. The other day I was listening to Maiden's "Live After Death", and the USA folks were fairly indifferent and kinda passive. And then I listened to "Rock In Rio", and the difference is brutal, those Brazilians were 1000 times more active and loud.

AztecB said:
Crowds sometimes can really fuck up a live recording. The other day I was listening to Maiden's "Live After Death", and the USA folks were fairly indifferent and kinda passive. And then I listened to "Rock In Rio", and the difference is brutal, those Brazilians were 1000 times more active and loud.

yes that's right. the reason is simple : in America and Europe these bands play once per day. In countries like brazil etc, it is natural to get psychotic responces from the audience since they dont get so many gigs. I had heard that The Haunted was stuck in an airport in Chille after a siege of 5000 fans, and also Therion was completely covered in saliva by Chillean fans,( :ill: ) and they actually told them it is the way chilleans use to greet people (...)
cant get more metal than this hahahah

:yow:
T999 said:
yes that's right. the reason is simple : in America and Europe these bands play once per day. In countries like brazil etc, it is natural to get psychotic responces from the audience since they dont get so many gigs. I had heard that The Haunted was stuck in an airport in Chille after a siege of 5000 fans, and also Therion was completely covered in saliva by Chillean fans,( :ill: ) and they actually told them it is the way chilleans use to greet people (...)
cant get more metal than this hahahah

I think Still Reigning was a great way to reintroduce Lombardo into the fray and pump the band up for the future, though, I can't see them releasing any more worthwhile new material. I'd to see a "Still Merciless" DVD though. :p