Slayer concert on dvd

twiztedmetal

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2005
The Slayer dvd ‘Still Reigning’ is one of their best shows I’ve seen. If you have it or seen it, what do you think of that ending? How awesome is that? If you havent seen it, some clips are online at slayer.net

Got it. I knew this had to happen. By putting this out, it keeps the bootleggers from saturating the market with crappy copies of Slayer playing Reign in Blood live.

The end is cool, though the liquid that they used for the blood that night was really thick (and from what Kerry King says in an interview on KNAC.com, really oily and slippery), so it screws with the instruments on the recording. This blood also came down much heavier that what was actually seen at the following shows. You knew it was dripping down because the band members were getting covered with the stuff, but you couldn't actually see it coming down, even from the front row. :( Oh well. Still a cool effect.

Of course, the show that I would still love to see video for is the Donington warm up tour show in Tijuana in 1992 at Iguanas. THAT show was insane.

The DVD is freakin' awesome, and the ending with Lombardo looking into the camera and giving a sigh of relief/exhaustion is PERFECT.

I've read several reviews on other sites that this dvd is better than the cd. Is that just hype or does the disc really deliver? I know it's hard to compare a cd with a dvd, epecially since the dvd has more songs and a documentary. Still, any thoughts?

Reign In Blood is a seminal disc, probably on a majority of metalfiend's top 10 of all time. So why haven't I heard more chatter on this dvd? Maybe I'm just out of touch.

just ordered it off Amazon about...2 minutes ago. hope you guys are right, but fuck. its slayer, what do i have to be worried about. except maybe undisputed attituted ;)