Slayer hitting studio in March!!!

um........what is Sick of it All?

Only the greatest hardcore band of all time. Talk about underappreciated, at least in the US....

I think the guy maybe got 'sick of it all' (SOIA) and 'god hates us all' (GHUA) confused? That's all I came come with to make sense of that post haha.

Good to hear. World Painted Blood had a few too many songs, but still quite good, their best since Divine Intervention IMO.
I hope they do more songs like "Playing With Dolls" though, that was really awesome. (And *GASP* different!)

Also, South of Heaven kicks tremendous amounts of ass.

um........what is Sick of it All?

WOW if you don't know who Sick of It All is you have serious problems. They are a NYC hardcore band that shows how hardcore music is done. The aren't some metalcore garbage. They are one of my personal favorite bands of all time

WOW if you don't know who Sick of It All is you have serious problems. They are a NYC hardcore band that shows how hardcore music is done. The aren't some metalcore garbage. They are one of my personal favorite bands of all time

Cool story bro

It's a Slayer thread, and some guy goes they haven't had a classic since "SOIA", which implies it's something Slayer did. Not a whole different band.

I don't like hardcore, so no, I wouldn't think of them. I've heard the name before, but that's it.

Cool story bro

It's a Slayer thread, and some guy goes they haven't had a classic since "SOIA", which implies it's something Slayer did. Not a whole different band.

I don't like hardcore, so no, I wouldn't think of them. I've heard the name before, but that's it.

Well this thread has been hijacked and is now a SOIA thread. My favorite band of all time.

Whether or not you like 'hardcore' is irrelevant. It's 2012 and at this point that term is so blurred. Sick of it All are a great band and a fan of thrash or any type of heavy music should be able to get into them to some degree, at least. Do yourself a favor and check out Just Look Around or Scratch the Surface. All of their albums are good, but those 2 are a solid start.

Well this thread has been hijacked and is now a SOIA thread. My favorite band of all time.

Whether or not you like 'hardcore' is irrelevant. It's 2012 and at this point that term is so blurred. Sick of it All are a great band and a fan of thrash or any type of heavy music should be able to get into them to some degree, at least. Do yourself a favor and check out Just Look Around or Scratch the Surface. All of their albums are good, but those 2 are are solid start.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the album is coming this year, I'm sure they will.

They played Psychopathy Red at Mayhem before WPB came out

I know the Slayer fans will be pissed at me but I gotta say I think WPB & Christ Illusion are Slayers two worst albums. It's weird cause I thought with Lombardo back I would love it but I just think the production is BRUTAL it is real thin sounding & the guitar sounds shitty it's way to fuckin tinkery. Songs like Americon & Eyes of the Insane are boring as fuck. Mix that with that Slipknotish type shit they've been doing & I just can't get into those 2 albums & I'm a huge Slayer fan since 89 but the new shit doesn't do shit for me. I think even Diablus In Musica was a lot better I wish they would go totally old school like a mix Show No Mercy & Reign In Blood but I don't think they will unfortunately

I know the Slayer fans will be pissed at me but I gotta say I think WPB & Christ Illusion are Slayers two worst albums. It's weird cause I thought with Lombardo back I would love it but I just think the production is BRUTAL it is real thin sounding & the guitar sounds shitty it's way to fuckin tinkery. Songs like Americon & Eyes of the Insane are boring as fuck. Mix that with that Slipknotish type shit they've been doing & I just can't get into those 2 albums & I'm a huge Slayer fan since 89 but the new shit doesn't do shit for me. I think even Diablus In Musica was a lot better I wish they would go totally old school like a mix Show No Mercy & Reign In Blood but I don't think they will unfortunately

My favs are Show no Mercy to Reign in Blood, I dont care for much of the 90s stuff, World painted blood was good though.

Slayer has mentioned possibly doing a 5 song EP release before the main album to get something new out.

Just bought my tickets for the Mayhem festival. Looking forward to seeing Anthrax, Slayer, and Motörhead. The pre-release ticket sale website for Mayhem Fest sucks. It kept saying all the tickets were gone (at least at the location I was going to). I went to Ticketmaster.com and had no problem buying tickets in the same sections I tried with their own website.

I never been to Mayhem. What is typical play time for the bigger bands?

Slayer has mentioned possibly doing a 5 song EP release before the main album to get something new out.

Just bought my tickets for the Mayhem festival. Looking forward to seeing Anthrax, Slayer, and Motörhead. The pre-release ticket sale website for Mayhem Fest sucks. It kept saying all the tickets were gone (at least at the location I was going to). I went to Ticketmaster.com and had no problem buying tickets in the same sections I tried with their own website.

I never been to Mayhem. What is typical play time for the bigger bands?

Hell yeah same here, what section tickets did you get? This will be my 3rd Mayhem, I attended 2010 & 2011 previously.

Pit tickets for Mayhem Fest in Houston sold out in less than 2 minutes. I fucked up on the registration thing on the website and missed out on them....... only to splurge $200 on a VIP pit ticket.

I know it's not really worth it but I can afford it right now so fuck it. I'm not gonna let Anthrax, Slayer, AND Motorhead play a show in my town without me being there. And I'm sure as hell not gonna watch them from a seat. I think it's a joke that they are having this tour at all these "pavilion" type venues where 90% of the audience is either in a seat or 300 feet away on some big lawn. But whatever, at least I got my spot. Now I just hope the aformentioned bands get decent set lengths.

I think it's a joke that they are having this tour at all these "pavilion" type venues where 90% of the audience is either in a seat or 300 feet away on some big lawn.
Yes it does suck in a lot of ways. In Detroit they have been doing this concert at Pine Knob on the Hill. There is no pit area or general admission standing area. It is all seats or like you said way back on the hill on the lawn. I seen Metallica on the lawn once and I disliked the whole concert to the point that I didn't see another show at Pine Knob for 10 years.

I did finally go back to Pine Knob to see Slayer with pavilion seat tickets and it was far superior to standing or sitting on the fucking lawn. I prefer indoor venues over this lawn bullshit. But for an all-day show outside in the sun in July heat having covered pavilion seating has its advantages. They rip you off for those seats here. In Detroit for "level 2 pavilion seats" which are pretty good but not the best I had to pay Ticketmaster $170 for 2 seats. Fucking bullshit. Beers will probably be $7 a piece too.