Slayer is done.

Phew!!! As much as I know Slayer can't go forever and seem to be on the brink at times, I never wanna hear that they're calling it a day!!! That'll be a crappy day for metal.

Seeing them at Soundwave a few weeks ago I turned to my friend next to me and said that just might be the very last time we see them live. Sadly the health issues seem to becoming more regular of late. Tommy's a trooper but that back surgery was nothing to sneeze at.

I hope I'm wrong. Will be a sad day when they finally call it a day.

Both Metalinsider and MetalSucks did up Slayer spoofs about Hanneman's medical issues for April Fool's....Of course if you clicked on the link at the end of the articles, you'd know it was an April Fool's joke.

^Really? Divine Intervention is pretty awesome.

I do like Divine Intervention, and Diabolus In Musica and God Hates Us All were good enough that I went out and bought them too.
I'm just thinking in terms of the bands status - if they'd chucked it after Seasons they'd have been untouchable. The last couple of albums have been pretty woeful IMO and even those others I mentioned were nowhere close to the earlier ones.

I do like Divine Intervention, and Diabolus In Musica and God Hates Us All were good enough that I went out and bought them too.
I'm just thinking in terms of the bands status - if they'd chucked it after Seasons they'd have been untouchable. The last couple of albums have been pretty woeful IMO and even those others I mentioned were nowhere close to the earlier ones.

I will disagree until the end. I love World Painted Blood. Love everything they have done except for Diabolus. I just cranked World Painted Blood today, Brutal album, classic Slayer. I know most of the bandwagon Slayer fans checked out after Season In The Abyss.... but the hardcore Slayer fans know whats up and still can appreciate the newer material. I personally get tired of hearing Angel of Death and Raining Blood over and over again. It is amazing they still are putting out quality/brutal thrash albums, unlike any of the other 'big 4' bands!

I will disagree until the end. I love World Painted Blood. Love everything they have done except for Diabolus. I just cranked World Painted Blood today, Brutal album, classic Slayer. I know most of the bandwagon Slayer fans checked out after Season In The Abyss.... but the hardcore Slayer fans know whats up and still can appreciate the newer material. I personally get tired of hearing Angel of Death and Raining Blood over and over again. It is amazing they still are putting out quality/brutal thrash albums, unlike any of the other 'big 4' bands!

Soooo....'true' Slayer fans stick with the band through thick and thin while 'true' Anthrax fans stick to the Joey-era?

Confusing...

:)