Slayer is done.

the drums are powerless and too silent in the mix for my taste, Slayer-drums have to be loud and powerful! songwise WPB is classic Slayer-style but the production kills it for me.

Soooo....'true' Slayer fans stick with the band through thick and thin while 'true' Anthrax fans stick to the Joey-era?

Confusing...

:)

+
Maidenboy, good to see you're still alive. going to see Slayer with Gary Holt & Megadeth on thursday, haven't seen Slayer in 9 years, can't wait!

I will disagree until the end. I love World Painted Blood. Love everything they have done except for Diabolus. I just cranked World Painted Blood today, Brutal album, classic Slayer. I know most of the bandwagon Slayer fans checked out after Season In The Abyss.... but the hardcore Slayer fans know whats up and still can appreciate the newer material. I personally get tired of hearing Angel of Death and Raining Blood over and over again. It is amazing they still are putting out quality/brutal thrash albums, unlike any of the other 'big 4' bands!

Agree with you here. WPB is a great Slayer record for mine, and Christ Illusion is equally as good for mine. Diabolus is just plain ordinary, and I'm not a huge Divine Intervention fan either really. Apart from these 2, the rest are classic thrash records imo.

Soooo....'true' Slayer fans stick with the band through thick and thin while 'true' Anthrax fans stick to the Joey-era?

Confusing...

:)

No. Anthrax changed completely into a new band. It may have had Anthrax as a name. But musically speaking were not the same band

Just like Sepultura has changed so much that its really not the same band.

Slayer never changed, stuck with their main lineup and keep putting out SLAYER albums.

If Slayer ever hired John Bush to sing, changed guitar players, and started writing generic groove / nu metal type stuff I would not continue to be a fan. In the end it's all about the music. Anthrax I couldn't handle after SOWN and they just were not the same band anymore thats why many old school Anthrax fans gave up on them. Not because of Joey or John Bush... per se.

we all know how Scat works, maybe he thought he could make twice the money with 2 totally different Anthrax-bands:lol: one metal-band playing oldschool-thrash for the metal-audiences and one band playing subpar groove-rock/alternative rock/nu-metal in arenas around the globe.

saw Slayer & Megadeth yesterday, have to say it was LOUD! definitely the loudest show in 5 years, probably the loudest show i ever witnessed, my ears are still not working 100%, maybe only 50%. a stupid girl tried to stop me and other people from moshing during Slayer, she definitely attended the wrong band's show. she probably thought that this was gonna be like a Metallica-concert where people are holding lighters in the air during 'Nothing Else Matters' or 'Mama Said'.

saw Slayer & Megadeth yesterday, have to say it was LOUD! definitely the loudest show in 5 years, probably the loudest show i ever witnessed, my ears are still not working 100%, maybe only 50%. a stupid girl tried to stop me and other people from moshing during Slayer, she definitely attended the wrong band's show. she probably thought that this was gonna be like a Metallica-concert where people are holding lighters in the air during 'Nothing Else Matters' or 'Mama Said'.

Megadeth is fun to watch sometimes. but Slayer is pure evil and takes the crowd to an entire other level. How as the sound besides loud?

If some chick tried to get me to stop moshing during slayer I'd probably stomp her face. If there is any show where it's okay to stomp a chicks face in a pit it would be a Slayer gig! :D

Slayer fucking ruled yesterday. It was probably the best show I've seen them put on (out of 5). Gary Holt kicked ass, I have to say I might have liked his playing more than Hanneman's.
Oh and they wiped off the floor with Mustaine & co.

Slayer fucking ruled yesterday. It was probably the best show I've seen them put on (out of 5). Gary Holt kicked ass, I have to say I might have liked his playing more than Hanneman's.
Oh and they wiped off the floor with Mustaine & co.

Hell yeah! I told all you kids that Slayer still dominates. Those who think they are 'washed up' etc need to go see them live. Any band that goes on before slayer is fucked. Slayer makes Megadeth look like linkin park!

Hell yeah! I told all you kids that Slayer still dominates. Those who think they are 'washed up' etc need to go see them live. Any band that goes on before slayer is fucked. Slayer makes Megadeth look like linkin park!

never been the biggest slayer fan although i did see them on divine tour,i didnt think much of them live,maybe they were having a bad night,anthrax and pantera destroy slayer live