Slayer is done.

never been the biggest slayer fan although i did see them on divine tour,i didnt think much of them live,maybe they were having a bad night,anthrax and pantera destroy slayer live

Pantera in their prime was good, great actually. Different style of show. Phil was very interactive and make people go nuts etc.

Tom has never said much on stage. They just let the music do the talking. There is just something about the vibe in the building that is pure evil when Slayer comes on the stage. It's almost eerie.

Anthrax live is fun. I have seen them more times than I have Slayer, but a Slayer show destroys an Anthrax show in every way possible. Not even close imo

Tom has never said much on stage. They just let the music do the talking. There is just something about the vibe in the building that is pure evil when Slayer comes on the stage. It's almost eerie.

That's true. In Prague he only spoke before Dead Skin Mask (he said the words of the chorus) and before Americon (he said that the song was about freedom). Then he might have said thank you and goodnight at the end of the show.
BTW, there was NO encore.

That pretty much sums up my problem with Slayer and Megadeth live. I go to see a live show for the live show. Not to just hear the band play their songs and stand there.

For the record Slayer were good when I saw them live some years ago, but I have no desire to go see them again.

Anthrax live is fun. I have seen them more times than I have Slayer, but a Slayer show destroys an Anthrax show in every way possible. Not even close imo

We will disagree on that last point. Seen both bands live a few times and every time Anthrax has been the superior show from start to finish (both Bush & Belladonna). Slayer were great but like everyone else said it's just them doing every single song - very little interaction - as for Anthrax live I felt like part of the fun from start to finish.

No contest for me - Anthrax live > Slayer live.

As far as mosh pits go, you have not been in a mosh pit until you have been in a Slayer mosh pit.

That being said I'm too old to mosh, and while I admittedly have seen Slayer only once and have seen Anthrax on numerous occasions ---- I'll pay money to go to an Anthrax show over a Slayer show any day.

Anthrax is my fav. live-band no matter who's on the mic (even if it's Don Nelson), it's always fun to watch Frankie & Scott dancing like marionettes. i'm glad that i have seen Slayer 3 x live, it's cool to see Lombardo drum live and hear their songs soo loud but show-wise they are no match for Anthrax, Anthrax live is so much more fun. i know that Slayer are known for having the biggest mosh-pits but, believe it or not, 6 out of the 7 Anthrax-shows i attended had bigger mosh-pits and crazier moshers than the 3 Slayer-shows i witnessed. i guess Megadeth is not a mosh-band, rather a band for guitar-teachers.

2cents: BIG 4: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica :headbang: -- Metal festival, yeahman!!

Slayer #1 :worship:

Anthrax and Megadeth rocked. Prefer Anthrax trasher metal but still rocked. Metallica graced us with the oldies. Lars needed his medicine.

Last, Pantera, still fuckin rules!:kickass:

I still think anthrax will outlast slayer

Big call. Mind you I do wonder how long Tom's health will last to be able to perform. I got all Slayer's studio albums and love them all - just good no bullshit thrash metal.

Seeing them at Soundwave a few weeks ago I turned to my friend next to me and said that just might be the very last time we see them live. Sadly the health issues seem to becoming more regular of late. Tommy's a trooper but that back surgery was nothing to sneeze at.

I hope I'm wrong. Will be a sad day when they finally call it a day.

Tom is certainly not moving like he used to - I guess time eventually will catch up with him.

Slayer has sucked since Seasons In The Abyss, just ask Stormwatch

Apparently English isn't your first language, since you seem to have trouble understanding it:

I do like Divine Intervention, and Diabolus In Musica and God Hates Us All were good enough that I went out and bought them too.
I'm just thinking in terms of the bands status - if they'd chucked it after Seasons they'd have been untouchable. The last couple of albums have been pretty woeful IMO and even those others I mentioned were nowhere close to the earlier ones.