Slayer, Megadeth to perform "Seasons..." and "RIP" in full

I'd like to hear The New Order this time instead, but I think they'll stick to the original plan and play The Legacy.

I agree. I would have much rather heard TNO instead of the Legacy when I saw them last month. I do like Souls of Black, but it's not my favorite by any stretch. My top 5 Testament discs are:

1. The New Order
2. Practice What You Preach
3. The Ritual (...many probably will disagree with me here)
4. The Gathering
5. The Formation of Damnation

~Brian~

I agree. I would have much rather heard TNO instead of the Legacy when I saw them last month. I do like Souls of Black, but it's not my favorite by any stretch. My top 5 Testament discs are:

1. The New Order
2. Practice What You Preach
3. The Ritual (...many probably will disagree with me here)
4. The Gathering
5. The Formation of Damnation

~Brian~

Strangely, The New Order is the only TEstament album I don't have. I for some reason thought people hated that one. I guess I may need to pick that up.

Strangely, The New Order is the only TEstament album I don't have. I for some reason thought people hated that one. I guess I may need to pick that up.

You need to take time out from cutting/pasting Blabbermouth articles & pick up "The New Order" immediately.

Uh... no. It's considered one of their best, if not their best, by the majority of their fans.

Q4T

So I read that Testament won't be playing "The Legacy" but will instead do a "modern and most brutal set ever" on the Carnage dates. Interesting. While I like the newest album, I'm still not that huge on "Demonic", though I think "The Gathering" is pretty good.

THE NEW ORDER RULES!!!

I have to wait until August 31... My tickets are getting dusty

I would rather hear Slayer do South Of Heaven to tell you the truth if they are going to play something from around that time frame, Seasons is cool.... But they already play heavily from it on all their tours...

RIP will BE AWESOME!!!

Seeing as how Reign in Blood defined Slayer and was THE thrash album that all albums were compared to it would be the logical choice as an album to play live. Seasons in the Abyss was a great song and video and one the whole it was a great album but not as good as RIB in my opinion.

Just got back from the "...Carnage" show in KC tonight. All I can say is that Megadeth still crushes it live. Dave's voice is pretty much gone, but who goes to hear him sing....I mean really? Chris Broderick is completely a monster on guitar....nailing everything effortlessly. And, to top it off to have Ellefson back. Just great....absolutely loved it to hear RIP start to finish....frickin amazing.

Missed most of Testament as I was trying to scam a cheap ticket out front.

Slayer was decent. Not really a huge fan of theirs, but Dave Lombardo was worth watching....he holds it all together.

Turnout for this show was pitiful. A beautiful full moon-lit night in KC and there was hardly anybody there. WTF? I know it's a Monday night, but you gotta be kidding me.

Just got back from the "...Carnage" show in KC tonight. All I can say is that Megadeth still crushes it live. Dave's voice is pretty much gone, but who goes to hear him sing....I mean really? Chris Broderick is completely a monster on guitar....nailing everything effortlessly. And, to top it off to have Ellefson back. Just great....absolutely loved it to hear RIP start to finish....frickin amazing.

Slayer was decent. Not really a huge fan of theirs, but Dave Lombardo was worth watching....he holds it all together.

Turnout for this show was pitiful. A beautiful full moon-lit night in KC and there was hardly anybody there. WTF? I know it's a Monday night, but you gotta be kidding me.
Cleveland was pretty packed, and on a Wednesday too.

That's too bad. Last Friday Chicago was packed. Initially I was worried because it didn't look like it but the later the night went on the more packed it got. I'm guessing it had to do with when people got off work.

Cleveland was pretty packed, and on a Wednesday too.

That's too bad. Last Friday Chicago was packed. Initially I was worried because it didn't look like it but the later the night went on the more packed it got. I'm guessing it had to do with when people got off work.

St Paul was sold out Saturday night. It appeared they even sold some obstructed view seats in the balcony. Great show. Thoroughly enjoyed all 3 bands. :headbang:

I think the horrendous traffic had a lot to do with it.

I think the horrendous traffic had a lot to do with it.

Not for me. I never really drive up to the venue. Usually find parking elsewhere and cab it. Usually I use the train on everything and since I've heard sometimes those shows go over, I don't. This probably is part of the reason, but I guess I just don't like how dingy it is. Like a worse version of the Pearl Room.

Took me about 15 min to get to UIC from my office in the Loop, so I don't know what you are all complaining about. :)

Simon - it was great to meet you. So weird that our seats were randomly right next to each other.