Slayer out against Norwegian Black Metal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
Kerry King was on a Norwegian tv-show last night, i was watching it and could not believe what i saw!!!
Kerry King said that EVERY Norwegian Black Metal band was the same boring shit...and that he didnt like Metallica anymore because of their alcoholic problems were turnd into a movie.
I know there are many fan of Slayer out there, me included, but i think King can be a stupid jackass sometimes...
He`s trying to be so hardcore, but made music with Sum 41 for christ sake!!!!

He was also out against Machine Head:
King continued to criticize the band stating "They're responsible for rap-metal", "they fooled me into thinking they're metal"

So what have Slayer done the latest years??
Let me see....ohhh..the same shit for 20 years..!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/premium_yogurt/repetetive2.gif

Kerry King sucks and Slayer has not written anything decent in 15 years so who cares what a band member or fans think. Regardless what they release their die-hard fans will think it's cool because they're 'slayer' and are estabnlished(same with metallica), but really it's obvious slayer has not known anything about metal for along time and can listen to their favorite trendy nu-metal bands.

Kerry King sucks and Slayer has not written anything decent in 15 years so who cares what a band member or fans think. Regardless what they release their die-hard fans will think it's cool because they're 'slayer' and are estabnlished(same with metallica), but really it's obvious slayer has not known anything about metal for along time and can listen to their favorite trendy nu-metal bands.

the fact that he bashed machine head for having "rap" influences would indicate he is not at all a nu metal fan

Kerry King says a lot of things. Most of what he says is to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm sure he just says this shit to get a rise out of people like the OP here. OMG!! Kerry King said black metal is crap! :cry:

the fact that he bashed machine head for having "rap" influences would indicate he is not at all a nu metal fan

From what I remember kerry king is into music like slipknot,chimaira,etc.. and the last 3,4 Slayer albums are very nu-metal sounding. I think kerry king just has a personal grudge with rob from machine head more than he's not into nu-metal because some of it having rap influence.

If Slayer was influenced by norwegian bands like say Satyricon during the 90's they might not have released such crap and actual extreme dark evil sinister albums. People think 90's,etc.. slayer is somehow extreme and leading but it's not. Slayer is just a washed out 80's band. Slayer is now in another decade of having no clue what is going on in extreme music.

Kerry King is more interested in getting his next hideous and trendy tribal tattoo and plugging his hot topic clothing line than anything else. Dont get me wrong I still love 90% of Slayer's stuff, but KK is washed up, and his solo's are sloppy and repetitive. As far as talking smack about Flynn, he's just trying to get a rise out of people and The Blackening kills Christ Illusion anyhow...

Kerry King is more interested in getting his next hideous and trendy tribal tattoo and plugging his hot topic clothing line than anything else. Dont get me wrong I still love 90% of Slayer's stuff, but KK is washed up, and his solo's are sloppy and repetitive. As far as talking smack about Flynn, he's just trying to get a rise out of people and The Blackening kills Christ Illusion anyhow...

agree on that wiv ya dude

the blackening far superior to christ illusion

id have to agree with him on the machinehead remark but not 100% on the black metal statement although i can understand his point of view with ease

Norwegian black metal is pretty overrated, but I think you would know that with a Nattefrost avatar. Almost all my favorite BM bands are from France, the US, Finland, etc.

Early 90s Norwegian bm is not overrated at all. Also, Kerry King fucking sucks.

From what I remember kerry king is into music like slipknot,chimaira,etc.. and the last 3,4 Slayer albums are very nu-metal sounding. I think kerry king just has a personal grudge with rob from machine head more than he's not into nu-metal because some of it having rap influence.

If Slayer was influenced by norwegian bands like say Satyricon during the 90's they might not have released such crap and actual extreme dark evil sinister albums. People think 90's,etc.. slayer is somehow extreme and leading but it's not. Slayer is just a washed out 80's band. Slayer is now in another decade of having no clue what is going on in extreme music.

Slayer's last few albums are nu metal? :erk: ahhh no....

as for KK saying things... really do you care? ...

Kerry King was on a Norwegian tv-show last night, i was watching it and could not believe what i saw!!!
Kerry King said that EVERY Norwegian Black Metal band was the same boring shit...and that he didnt like Metallica anymore because of their alcoholic problems were turnd into a movie.
I know there are many fan of Slayer out there, me included, but i think King can be a stupid jackass sometimes...
He`s trying to be so hardcore, but made music with Sum 41 for christ sake!!!!

He was also out against Machine Head:
King continued to criticize the band stating "They're responsible for rap-metal", "they fooled me into thinking they're metal"

So what have Slayer done the latest years??
Let me see....ohhh..the same shit for 20 years..!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/premium_yogurt/repetetive2.gif

He's right he should of gone 1 step further and claimed all black metal sounds the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.