Slayer Review Montreal June 15th

Shadeskull

New Metal Member
May 2, 2003
I got there and DamagePlan was playing already. I thought their stuff was pretty slow. They played 2 Pantera classics : Walk and A new level. That made the crowd go nuts.

Right after damageplan some girl puked at 3 different spots including the middle of the pit. fuck that sucked, i was like man it would suck with no pit, noone wanted to step on that shit and it was smelling bad as hell. Then some hero came with a mop and cleaned that up, people were very greatful.

Just before slayer, some punches were thrown right in front of me. It was 1v1 and some other guy out of nowhere launched one too so that was 2v1 for 1 second lol I have no idea how it started but it mustve been due to some useless pushing.

Slayer was next and started with some newer songs except war ensemble which was 2nd to be played. Halfway through, they played Angel of Death. It made me think the whole album would be played and i was right, next one was piece by piece. I was so out of energy for raining blood, i had to step out of the pit. The sound was amazing! Most of the time i complain that you cant hear the lead ( children of bodom, etc..) but this time it was very clear! Double bass drumming made my blood pump twice as fast.

The Metropolis is such a great place, first time i went there. That place is big and the architecture is sweet as hell! There was a lot of room on the floor.

I hope you enjoyed reading my attempt of review

Haha oh man, i was there in Montreal too!
Yeah i must say i expected more from Damageplan....that song 'Fuck You' is killer though, that's their only song that ppl actualy went thrashing for real. And i was pretty happy with the 2 Pantera songs, since i've never got the chance to see them live before, so i was pretty pleased to hear something at least. But i think it would have been soo fucking killer if they had played 'Cowboys From Hell' and 'Fucking Hostile' ooohh man, that would have been crazy! But Dimebag rules though, you can't deny that, his leads are cool. But yeah, they miss some speed and,...i dunno, something else.
There worst thing they did though, you probably missed it Shadeskull, well the singer said, and right after the first song "you guys are fucking insane Montreal! 3 times more then in Quebec City...' something like that....but i mean, lol, no one did shit during that first song really, no pit at all, nothing, ppl just a few ppl rocking their heads back and forth a bit but thats it...no pit...nothing...and he says that....after he was done talking i looked at my bro who couldn't believe what he was saying either and we started laughing cuz that was just not something to say, not after only one song, and no one went insane....anyways...maybe the singer just needs some more experience, i dunno where he came from.

Slayer was pretty brutal, lol. Sure loose alot of energy in Slayer's pit. But i agree about the sound was great especialy with all the leads and solos and shit, you could really hear the notes, was cool. And i know, the Metropolis is such a nice place, it's like you can be anywhere in there and have a good view of the show....so cool. I'm sore and got bruises....and i swear to god, i'm always gonna wear my steeltoe shoes from now on, fuck....mutherfuckers stepped on my toes so often during the show and it the pit, i had to back off everytime for a few songs....never a good idea to have running shoes, even though its the summer.
Oh yeah, and fucking shit was it hot or not? DAMN! I've never been this sweaty during a concert....insane. and the pit was all slippery too, didnt you notice how ppl feel so easily? I almost did like 2-3 times fuck. But anyways, was killer.

Nordic_Warrior said:
and the pit was all slippery too, didnt you notice how ppl feel so easily? I almost did like 2-3 times fuck. But anyways, was killer.

So it was kinda like a slip n slide??? I love Slayer. Last time I saw them I actually stayed up front the whole night. Talk about an energy high. I was sooo amped up off of their vibe.....but i stay away from the pit. Guys during that show can be too brutal for me.

Shadeskull said:
did you have a testament shirt on?
Nope, Dragonlord shirt on though...
DL-EURO-LS-TSHIRT.gif

hehehe, love that shit. I was probably the only one with that shirt on at the show, makes me feel special, lol.

metalmaiden said:
So it was kinda like a slip n slide??? I love Slayer. Last time I saw them I actually stayed up front the whole night. Talk about an energy high. I was sooo amped up off of their vibe.....but i stay away from the pit. Guys during that show can be too brutal for me.
HAha yeah it was pretty slippery.
Niiice, good girl,....some girl was in front at Slayer and at some point i dunno what happened, maybe too much drugs or something, but she seemed pretty gone, some guy tried to carry her out, but they were in front of the pit, so they were fucked, and then my bro went to the rescue, lol, he pushed every fucker in the pit to make the guy and the girl get through, haha, my bro kicks ass.
Slayer are always good to see, you cant go wrong with them...so much energy going on, the more crazy the crowd gets, the more killer they seem to get, awesome. Yeah it's pretty rough in Slayer's pit, sometimes when i go in there, i didnt know where i get out, lol....and when i went to In Flames a year ago or so, i would go in circles in the pit and pass through anyone like a knife in butter....but not at Slayer's, haha oh no. :headbang:

from my vantage point up on the balcony the floor seemed way too packed and all the people could do was sway back and forth in unison; not much of a pit at all but there was some crowd surfing.

LOL, no offence but....sitting during a metal show is for pussies. lol. And if you were on the floor and standed just outside the pit, you had a killer view of everyone on stage....and If you think there was no pit during Slayer , get you eyes checked....i admit for Damageplan it was almost non-existant til their only good song came on 'Fuck You' , which was the um,...4th or 5th song or something, but then with the 2 Pantera song it got pretty rough.

holy fuck montreal and Quebec City metal heads are fuckin awesome!!!! i saw both slayer shows on my first ever trip to quebec and i gotta tell u fuckers that u got style!!!! a few notes for u quebec city metal heads if u ever wanna see a metal show in vancouver dont plan on drinking alcohol in public with the police standing by doing nothing they will bust yer ass IMMEDIATLY oh ya and dont plan on having jack daniels served to u 10 feet behind the pit!!!! shooter girl from QC if u are reading this i fuckin love u i got a great pic u pouring me a shot!!!!!! id love to send it to ya. ohhh yaaaa there was a slayer show too!!!! holy fuck i speak about pre school style french and it was all good!!! every one was SO FUCKIN POLITE we laughed our asses off attempting drunken communication. i always thought vancouverittes were rude assholes but now its a proven fact. NECROPHELIAC!!! what else can i say i been waitin 14 years to hear that fuckin song live FUCKME that RULED and the Agora......fuckin goregeus venue! montreal show was sick!! literaly thank fuck that dude came with the mop it was still like a skating rink. but i prefer beer on my 50!!!!! buck t-shirt than vomit. riegn in blood complete!!! fight til death!! never thought id hear that song live no fuckin way!!!! Im studinying my francais and cant wait to get back from this asshole hotrod civic drivin nooodle eating no metal city. oh ya thanx to everyone in Quebec that gave me some respect for this country again at least one province has some style. U LUCKY BASTARDS!!!!! THE BIG 10 BLACK LABEL ENJOY!!!! ill never see that shit here. FOUFOUNES NICE work that place alone was worth the trip!!!!! i only wish those awsome dudes and chicks could read this ENGLISH (cuss) message!!!!!

HAhaha, thats awesome dude. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your first trip to Quebec so much. But it's true, ...we ARE awesome here. lol :p
And yeah, Quebec, especialy Montreal has a very big metal scene. Usualy, all great bands stops in Montreal when going to Canada. All we need up here is a fucking killer metal festival every summer. We have a lil one called the 'Polliwog' but it has been loosing some strenght within the last few years, and hell, we don't even have an Ozzfest, what the fuck? I think somehow that Montreal is not as recognized as it should be.
But it is a great city for music, and yeah the people are usualy pretty nice and stuff.
Oh yeah, and our women are fucking hot too. :D
But yeah, learn french, and dont be affraid to try speaking it in Quebec, you'll get much more respect if your trying, even if you suck. lol
And the Foufounes!! HAHA fuck yes, i love that place.

P.S: I have a friend in Coquitlam. :wave:

i guess yer freind from coquitlam bitches about the weak metal scene here too
and the rude people as well. no ozzfest for vancouver either dammit canada customs thanx a lot!!!
tell him to check out our local metal fest here its called north west metal fest this year is the second annual and last year was fuckin killer all death and grind too bad it had to shut down at 7am!!! 1/3 of the way thru the lineup of the 24+hours planned due to technical difficulties i was fuckin toasted anyway from crazy amonunts of alcohol etc.......

www.NWmetalfest.com

The best Slayer show I've seen to date here in Montreal. I've had the opportunity to see Slayer in Montreal about 5 times but this show was different. The crowd's response was terrific and we really appreciatie when Slayer arrives in Montreal on a regular basis to kick our ass each time. I use to dream of Slayer performing the whole Reign In Blood album and it finally came true. The crowd went nuts and the club was packed in like crazy.

DamagePlan rocked. I hope Testament can bring these dudes out with them on their next North American Tour. They really know how to pump the crowd up before the headliner hits the stage.

See you soon Testament right here in Montreal.