Slayer show last night! ( Setlist included)

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
I've seen Slayer seven times now, and last night was the best performance by them I have ever seen. I was NOT impressed by any of the opening bands (and kind of pissed that Arch Enemy isn't playing the first two dates of the tour...) but Slayer MORE than made up for it! They've also made a few changes in the setlist which was sorely needed as has been well documented in the past on some threads on this board.

Setlist (in no particular order-except the obvious last 10!)

Fight Until Death (I nearly shit myself when they started playing this!)
Hell Awaits
At Dawn They Sleep
South Of Heaven
Mandatory Suicide
War Ensemble
Dead Skin Mask
Stain Of Mind
Disciple
God Send Death
Payback
Angel Of Death
Piece By Piece
Necrophobic
Altar Of Sacrafice
Jesus Saves
Criminally Insane
Reborn
Epidemic
Postmortem
Raining Blood

I heard that they might be doing the full Reign In Blood album on this tour, but wasn't positive. I know they did that in Europe, but I thought it was kind of a one off thing. Fucking cool as hell that they're doing it on this tour!

Well the full Reign in Blood album is old news but

FIGHT TIL DEATH!!!!!! FUCK YES!!! Ive seen Slayer 17 times in 17 years and have never heard this live! I know they did it on SOME dates on the South tour but not here! They are restoring my faith in them. This sets different from the 1st night where someone said they played Haunting the Chapel. I wonder if they are switching shit up?

Anyone else who sees this please post the set!

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:
Hey Triumphant Appostle,

Did you forget about DITTOHEAD and 213? Or did they not play these? Someone saw the show in St. Louis on the 12th and said that in addition to what you posted, they also played these. Just curious, thanks!
No, they didn't play ANYTHING from Divine Intervention at our show. That actually kind of pisses me off if they did play them there. Oh well, I've heard them both live before!

The Sayer,

I would also love to hear HELL AWAITS in its entirety, but hearing PIECE BY PIECE (never been played live before) NECROPHOBIC, EPIDEMIC and REBORN (not played since 86) will RULE!!!!! These are 4 of Slayer's best songs. Don't dare look a fucking gift horse in the mouth. Add in FIGHT TILL DEATH (last played in 88) and this is the best Slayer setlist since the 1988 tour, so feel lucky you are getting the chance to see this. I'm sure they won't repeat this in the future, but who knows?

Triumphant Appostle,

yeah thats a bummer! I guess they decided to add them in for a change. Seeing the 1st night of a tour can often times be special, but sometimes can fuck you. Maiden didnt play 2 Minutes to Midnight this past summer until after the 1st 2 shows which I was at.

When Dave rejoined Slayer his first show was in New Haven, CT and it was the only night on that tour they played At Dawn They Sleep, (it ruled) so you never know.

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:
REBORN (not played since 86)

I know they played it sporadically here and there...for instance, london 11.9.94 at the brixton.
but yeah piece by piece will be history in the making.

Here is the setlist in order from last night in Columbus:

Darkness of Christ (recording)
Disciple
War Ensemble
At Dawn They Sleep
Stain of Mind
God Send Death
Payback (!!!!!)
Mandatory Suicide
Fight 'Till Death (!!!!!!!)
Dead Sking Mask
Hell Awaits
South of Heaven
Angel of Death
Piece by Piece
Necrophobic
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Criminally Insane
Reborn
Epidemic
Postmortem
Raining Blood

Sorry, I meant Reborn hasnt been played on US soil since 86. Europe always gets extra rare shit. I also have a boot from 94 where they played Reborn. Maybe its the same one? I forget where its from, I think its probably that same show, its just a blank tape not a vinyl.

What the fuck, they added 213 and Dittohead and then dropped them 2 nights later? (shakeshead)