SLAYER to headline fall installment of the Jagermeister tour.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
SLAYER will be headlining the fall 2004 installment of the Jägermeister Music Tour, according to Billboard magazine. No further information is currently available.

SLAYER are currently in the studio recording their first album with the original lineup since 1990's "Seasons In the Abyss". A late 2004 release through American Recordings is expected. The band will be kicking off a short Canadian tour with DAMAGEPLAN in early June, to be followed by a main-stage appearance at this year's Ozzfest beginning on July 10 in Hartford, Connecticut.
-------------------------

This is rather cool news. I missed them last year with Arch Enemy so I definetly wanna see this. I hope they have a really good main support act. Its obvious the opening band is most likley going to be shitty. Hopefully a main support act like Morbid Angel or Testament who will have a new album out at the time. That would be amazing. Or maybe even Dimmu Borgir, they are playing with each other at Ozzfest. That would be one hell of a tour.

Can't wait to see Slayer at Ozzfest this summer. It will be my first time seeing them.

Ive seen slayer live like 5 or 6 times. nothing against slayer, ive always been a big fan, but they arent that great live, and if u have seen them live once, uve seen em a million times.

bullfuckinshit!

Slayer are the fuckin gods on stage!

well I could kinda agree that some of you started to get bored after RIB and lost your hope in slayer totally with UA... but I admire their albums SNM, HA and THE album RIB so much that theyre cult forever in my book. There is no other thrash band which influenced extreme metal as strong as Slayer!
90 % of all those evil black and death metal bands worship slayers old work. like Morbid angels drums or vaders guitars... anything!

_SLAYERIZED_ said:
bullfuckinshit!

well I could kinda agree that some of you started to get bored after RIB and lost your hope in slayer totally with UA... but I admire their albums SNM, HA and THE album RIB so much that theyre cult forever in my book. There is no other thrash band which influenced extreme metal as strong as Slayer!
90 % of all those evil black and death metal bands worship slayers old work. like Morbid angels drums or vaders guitars... anything!

I have to agree...I've seen Slayer like 6 times and their fucking shows kicks ass...and I think GHUA is a great album, but that's just my opinion. Hopefully I can get some more VIP passes from my contact at Jagermeister so I can meet them again...

Gonna be a good fucking show...

_SLAYERIZED_ said:
bullfuckinshit!

More power to ya if you enjoy them live, what i said wasnt a personal attack, lol. All im saying that is IN MY OPINION slayer isnt all that great live. Maybe they have had off nights every time I have seen them, maybe they had a bad night when they made the DVD... I dont know, and I dont care.

Slayer's old stuff is very influential, and I still enjoy listening to it on occassion, but it gets old fast. Im not saying they arent a good band, not at all. But the last couple of albums are so bland, and when they do shows these days you can tell they arent really into it.