Slayer

juoppo

Apr 24, 2004
Turku, Finland
it's simple, tell your opinions about Slayer, have you seen them as live ,best cd's,songs etc.

- i have seen slayer once in live, in sauna open air tampere, damn best gig that i ever have been, i want see them again

-best cd is God hate us all, it is straight forward, it is kick ass thrash metal, good solos, good headbangin songs, its perfect

-best song is Disciple or raining blood, i can't decide about them, they are so good live songs.

Ive seen them live 2 times and I was so bored both times. In Wacken 2003 they played in front of 40.000 people and made like 2 or 3 lame announcements, were 20 minutes late, had bad sound and all.. it was a desaster. Then I saw them on the Dynamo 2004, that time the sound was ok, but as the next day was the 60th anniversary of the D-Day, they wouldnt shut up about how great americans are and how they sacrificed everything for us and bla..

Iv seen Slayer live last last year when they opened for Judas Priest
Reing in blood is the best c.d
best song is Angle Of Death

Taliesin said:
Ive seen them live 2 times and I was so bored both times. In Wacken 2003 they played in front of 40.000 people and made like 2 or 3 lame announcements, were 20 minutes late, had bad sound and all.. it was a desaster. Then I saw them on the Dynamo 2004, that time the sound was ok, but as the next day was the 60th anniversary of the D-Day, they wouldnt shut up about how great americans are and how they sacrificed everything for us and bla..

dude I was there to!
haven't heared much american peptalk tho
it sounded ok.

He said, I quote:"Tomorrow 60 years ago, americans came over here to free you! People make sacrifices for you, remember that, even if it's not their own freedom they're fighting for, they make sacrifices for you!" It was really lame

I have seen Slayer twice, both at The Norva in Norfolk, VA. The only shows that I have been to and thought that I was actually going to die... Slayer keeps going and going and will not stop until you are near death, haha. :tickled:
Favorite song: War Ensemble

I saw them last week from a distance, and Dynamo 2004.
Dynamo they had big fucking gaps of nothingness in between songs, but overall I though it was okay. Last week was okay too; they even played Silent Scream, which someone told me is pretty rare.

NIN kicked ass last night :lol:

Taliesin said:
He said, I quote:"Tomorrow 60 years ago, americans came over here to free you! People make sacrifices for you, remember that, even if it's not their own freedom they're fighting for, they make sacrifices for you!" It was really lame
word. I've seen them a couple of times, but only since God Hates Us All came out (shame on me yeah). I think it's the worst band to see if the sound is bad. Chaotic music in the first place, add bad sound = headache & bored as fuck.

As for favorite albums, God Hates Us All must be their worst IMO. Reign In Blood, Seasons In The Abyss and South Of Heaven are classics.

Heavenscent said:
I saw them last week from a distance, and Dynamo 2004.
Dynamo they had big fucking gaps of nothingness in between songs, but overall I though it was okay. Last week was okay too; they even played Silent Scream, which someone told me is pretty rare.

NIN kicked ass last night :lol:

were you on fields of rock?

YEAAH! I saw Slayer yesterday, and it was GREAT!!

They played alot of old stuff, only 2 God hates us all-songs...

Can't recall the setlist exactly, but they played:
War Ensemble
Black Magic (yeah!)
Silent Scream
Chemical Warfare
South of Heaven
Disciple
Seasons in the Abbys
Mandatory Suicide (Tom said something like 'This is for the young kids in the crowd, cuz sometimes you have to serve your country...blablabla....duty, freedom, etc...', so much for the patriotic part..)
Post Mortem
Raining Blood
...and, of course, Angel of Death.

Toms voice was in good condition, crowd was cool, weather was cool (outdoor), Kerry cool, gig cool, everything cool!!

Parn666 said:
Mandatory Suicide (Tom said something like 'This is for the young kids in the crowd, cuz sometimes you have to serve your country...blablabla....duty, freedom, etc...', so much for the patriotic part..)

wtf ?! Slayer beeing fuckin patriotic ?! :yuk: