Slice The Cake, new song!

Petrocker

Jan 20, 2008
Sweden
Hello guys! (Jonas, ex GubbKuk here)

After nearly 2 years, we are finally ready to drop our new album "The Man With No Face" on March 1st.
But to whet your whistles until then, we decided it was time to give the fans a glimpse into the realms of sound that shall be unleashed!

For those of you who aren't familiar with us, we were formed in the Winter '09 here on sneap forum (Me and Gareth), and Jack joined shortly after.
By 3 members hailing from 3 seperate countries (England, Sweden and Australia,)
from our inception we have been commited to originality and doing things our own way, and now, to show off our expansive vision of progressive metal utopia, we present to you our first new song in 2 years: Equilibrium.

Song can be streamed and download from this page:
http://slicethecake.host.sk/

(Please note that this isn't the final album mix, there is still some polishing to be done!)

Cheers! :D

Cool song, but damn dude.. this mix needs a lot of work. There's 0 punch/dynamics, everything is so loud there is no actual heaviness when the guitars/vocals come in.

Honestly, if the band doesn't garnish his wages to pay for the cab that Gareth stole, I say we boycott and/or pirate the shit out of this release. I understand that us doing that would suck for Jonas and Jack, but that's the price you pay for willingly working with thieves.

Honestly, if the band doesn't garnish his wages to pay for the cab that Gareth stole, I say we boycott and/or pirate the shit out of this release. I understand that us doing that would suck for Jonas and Jack, but that's the price you pay for willingly working with thieves.

I really feel for you in all this man, but you know punishing a collective to get to an individual is stooping to his level. But guys in Slice The Cake, he IS a band member, and he DOES stil represent your band.

It's in your best interests to pull him up on this shit!

It's in your best interests to pull him up on this shit!

This.

Jonas, Seeing as you clearly want to succeed with this venture, you hope that some people will actually buy your album. Do you really want to have a serious financial involvement with someone who doesn't see a problem with stealing £130 from someone and/or can't organise his own head sufficiently to pay? You need to slap some sense into him.

Fowarding this since Gareth doesn't have any log-in on here:

"Hey guys, Gareth here. I have messaged just messaged John on facebook to sort this out today.
When I pulled that stunt I was not in any state of clarity whatsoever and this is not something I would ever do to anyone I know personally, and thus I have no clue why I did it to John.
All I can do now is pay him back in hopes of atoning for my dumbfuck actions and move on from it. I ask that you guys be respectful with STC, not that I have earned the right to ask that, but feel free to ruin my day and call me all the names in the world, but leave STC, jonas and jack out of it."

Assuming he'll actually make good on it this time, I'm glad he's getting things sorted but still find it pretty bullshit that it had to come down to us airing dirty laundry on an STC thread. I hate to say it, but the whole thing has definitely tainted the band for me - it's hard to listen without constantly thinking "Man, this guy is such a twat."

Gareth has made contact. Fingers crossed....

On the subject of the new song:
I like it a lot, interesting riffing. I keep wishing there was an orchestra
edit:earlier in the song.... I hadn't got the end, there's some good epic shit right there!

You know what - I don't like deathcore, but this I actually found tolerable despite that. You guys certainly have your thing down, and can probably go down as one of the leaders of that scene if you were to get the right backing for the project. Despite all the controversy about Gareth etc. which I haven't kept up with, his voice fits the genre like a glove. Keep doing your thing!

Hey guys, I know there's been some shit going down with Gareth and he's explained the situation to me. Yes, he acted like a twat, but take it from someone who (would like to think he) knows him fairly well, he's not a bad guy. He's not a scumbag, he's not a cunt, etc etc, he just made a really fucking dumb mistake and has been far too complacent with fixing it. He's fixed up payment now, and he's apologetic beyond what many would consider dignified. Are we all cool to just leave THAT issue, if not in the past, at least to the side? I agree that it's not cool for a band's name to be smeared because of one person's fuck up, but I also think it's pretty petty to completely cut off all support for a band simply because of one person's fuck up.

Having said that, I really DO appreciate the support you guys give us, and I'm glad that you're enjoying the tune. It's more satisfactory than any monetary compensation to have other people enjoying music you wrote, so I thank you, and I really hope the rest of the album lives up to expectations. Oh, and John, fear not, plenty of orchestral stuff on this album. I'm such a Mirrorthrone fanboy, it was never going to hide for long.

Hey guys, I know there's been some shit going down with Gareth and he's explained the situation to me. Yes, he acted like a twat, but take it from someone who (would like to think he) knows him fairly well, he's not a bad guy. He's not a scumbag, he's not a cunt, etc etc, he just made a really fucking dumb mistake and has been far too complacent with fixing it. He's fixed up payment now, and he's apologetic beyond what many would consider dignified. Are we all cool to just leave THAT issue, if not in the past, at least to the side? I agree that it's not cool for a band's name to be smeared because of one person's fuck up, but I also think it's pretty petty to completely cut off all support for a band simply because of one person's fuck up.

Having said that, I really DO appreciate the support you guys give us, and I'm glad that you're enjoying the tune. It's more satisfactory than any monetary compensation to have other people enjoying music you wrote, so I thank you, and I really hope the rest of the album lives up to expectations. Oh, and John, fear not, plenty of orchestral stuff on this album. I'm such a Mirrorthrone fanboy, it was never going to hide for long.

To confirm it's all sorted: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/756544-gareth-paid-up-end-saga.html

Glad to hear about the orchestral stuff, looking forward to hearing the full album