Slipknot Bassist Found Dead!

If you dumbasses don't give a shit, then why the fuck are you posting in this thread? Who cares if you didn't know him? You fuckers didn't know Dio or Peter Steele but something tells me you were probably a little upset when those guys died huh?

EYEROLL

I post in this thread because it's here. Simple.

I cared that the other guys died because I liked their music. I have no reason to care about this guy, period.

What the fuck is going on? 2010 seems to be unfortunate for heavy music scene.

I really despise all of the trolls or haters that ridicule Paul Gray cause he was in SlipknoT. I grew up with this band and it is a sad day for me TBH. I've seen him live once, but at least I've managed to saw him before he passed away. Regardless, if you hate SlipknoT than show a little bit of respect, a man died who was expecting a child with his wife. You might laugh since this death will be disastrous for SlipknoTs' future, nevertheless show a little respect. I will follow the news, hope it's not drug overdose.

Rest In Peace Paul Gray

Being a musician is stupid and a lot harder than people think. And then people actaully seem to care if a musician dies.

I post in this thread because it's here. Simple.

I cared that the other guys died because I liked their music. I have no reason to care about this guy, period.

i agree with this.
lets face it no matter what you like or dislike, do or don't do someone is going to be standing behind you trying to push you down the stairs, people are going to talk shit you're not going to stop them, nobody is going to change their minds so make peace with it....

yea i dont care either. why would i? didnt know the guy, hate the band, hate the music. dont know his family. i dont care one bit. one thing i do care about is the fucking overblown praise that he's already getting. 'he changed the face of rock music' LOL fuck off. no, he did NOT.

how did he die? he probably suffocated with that stupid mask stuck to his face. no, that's not it. i bet in all seriousness it was a drug OD obviously.

Obviously he wasn't eating a proper diet and should have employed a British personal trainer to help him get back on the wagon. :rolleyes:

Just because someone is famous doesn't give anyone moral license to go shitting all over his/her obituary and announcing loudly that you don't care. I don't see people going "LOL WELL HE WAS A SMOKER FUCK HIM" when a stranger's obituary mentions that person died of cancer. If you know someone personally and hated said person for whatever reason, fine. If you have never met someone, have the decency to let the mourners mourn.

Yes, people die every day. Know someone who's dead? Post up an RIP thread if you want e-sympathy, but it seems you're more than likely to receive a bunch of Cro-Magnons grunting "UNFF I DONT CARE SLIPKNOT SUX" all over the place.

was the one that died the one that did heaps of acid in one night and lost it ala GG Allin and had the twin towers tattooed on his arm just before they went down? a young co-worker told me about him.Another day another dead metal head(even though it was'nt tody).WTF's going on,metallers are dropping like flies.I suppose it's inevitable,some of them are getting old,but not that old.

Somehow the doctors could not figure out the cause of death

Slipknot have spoken about the death of their founding member Paul Gray.
The bassist died on Monday at a hotel in Des Moines, Iowa aged just 38.

At a press conference all the group’s members appeared without their masks to pay tribute to Gray.

Frontman Corey Taylor said: “"We lost our brother and the world seems a little smaller because of it.

“He had the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known. The only way I can sum up Paul Gray is love.”

Also at the press conference was the late musician’s pregnant wife Brenna who called him “an amazing person.”

An autopsy carried out yesterday could not determine a cause of death and police are now awaiting a toxicology report which could take up to six weeks.

From MTV UK

I do have to admit, I wonder why on earth any rock band needs nine members.

Nonetheless, I enjoy a few of their songs, and always hate to see a rocker pass before his time. Slipknot's still better than 99% of what passes for popular music.

Won't mourn like I do for Dio, nevertheless, RIP.

Sad, isn't it? How all the good musicians die?
Paul Gray and their drummer are the only cool people in Slipknot, sure their music sucks bawlz and they are the biggest douchebags on the planet, but Paul Gray and Joey were the only good thing about that sonic disaster.