SLIPKNOT - (SIC) MULTITRACK COVER/POSSIBLE STEMS/RAWS

Sounds like one of those terrible dance remixes where nothing matches up. lol your vocals and guitars are all screwed up. I presume you've never heard the original song? You need to put the stems in the right place. not just import them unfortunately. massive fail :D

Hi,
My try:

Guitars: Peavey 6505 Mesa Rectifier 2x12 V30 HeilPR20/sm57
Snare: Made by Me Snare drum Pearl Joey Jordison gog file :heh:

Stay Metal!

Last edited by a moderator:
The mix is alright. I don't understand why people keep writing "just a quick mix". Why bother? Are we supposed to be blown away by peoples' "quick mix" skills? "Gee golly! If that's a quick mix imagine what you could do if you spend more than 40 minutes on it!". Or is it to mask failure "Well, it's just a QUICK MIX, of course it's shit".

I get a little irriated that people spend a lot of time creating and upping the raws only to have 20 people post a load of shite. Hardly anyone comments on anyone else's mix either. "Here's my quick mix!"

The mix is alright. I don't understand why people keep writing "just a quick mix". Why bother? Are we supposed to be blown away by peoples' "quick mix" skills? "Gee golly! If that's a quick mix imagine what you could do if you spend more than 40 minutes on it!". Or is it to mask failure "Well, it's just a QUICK MIX, of course it's shit".

All my mixes are "quick" :lol:
I like mixing, but I'm just an amateur and I have no plans to improve my skills. I could spend hours, days and months in a mix and it would still be a shitty mix. That's the reason why I only dedicate a few minutes (30-45-60 máximum) in my mixes.
In my case, calling it "quick" it's not a way of saying I'm better than Andy Sneap :lol:

I get a little irriated that people spend a lot of time creating and upping the raws only to have 20 people post a load of shite. Hardly anyone comments on anyone else's mix either. "Here's my quick mix!"

100% agree. The Nature's Law of Sneap forum is not commenting anyone else's mixes.

Here is my remix. For the drums I used ancient Session Drummer by Cakewalk :) Guitars modeled with PodFarm2. I'll try to do remix with Kemper and other drums but I dont have f***ing time!
Enjoy!

Thanks for the kind words, im glad you all dig it. I used emg-s yes, EMG 85 with the single coil tap mode. It sounds scratchy and i love it :)

Here's my version. I've actually never mixed vocals before :erk:

Anyway, guitars are TSE X50 with power amp turned off and mickrich's new edge IR. Drums are SD2 with the Metal! EZX. Bass is the Ignite Amps SHB-1 on a low-end and clank track. Really fun mix, thanks for the stems!

Here's my mix/master:-

Drums are SD2 with Metal! expansion. Snare is blended with one of the Numbskull Snares.
Bass DI ran through TSE BOD + Lots of comp + EQ.
Guitars are TSE808+X50+Blend of 2 Impulses, one was a Mesa OS+57, the other was the 4x12 PR30 Off-Axis from the JTW Impulses Pack. Added a lot of saturation on the GTR Buss and only HP/LP for EQ.

Thanks again, that was a blast! Great performance, sorry ass mix....