Slough Feg in Chicago 11/18

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Lookslike Slough Feg is back...and they are playing Quenchers off of Western and Fullerton. it is a cool bar but for a show it is terrible, they have terrible sound. I was there are a party one night and there was a band playing and it sounded like shit. Why would Slough Feg play there???

Because they were booked to play there by a booking agent. If the band isn't from the area, they probably wouldn't know which bars/clubs are better or worse than others.

They're just told when and where they're playing.

Aside from the few US fests they've been on, Slough Feg tends to get jammed in shitty small bar venues. Saw em in Salt Lake City on the last tour, shitty sound setup, but awesome set none the less. Crowd was better than expected though, though I got there waaaaay early, so it seemed empty for hours. Not to mention, due to one of the opening bands having malfunctions with their bass amp, Slough Feg didn't hit the stage till about midnight. So I ended up missing public transit and had to walk a few miles through "little mexanga" (its actually called Rose Park, but since its filled with mexican/tongan mixes, it has this nick name) on a friday night stoned and drunk. Probably the only dangerous place in SLC.

Hopefully they get a better venue for SLC this time around.