Slough Feg \m/!

Malergion

Complex pain
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Ok, I already am a big appreciator of Hammers of Misfortune, but I have to say Slough Feg is even closer to my odd personality...so far I've only heard what they have on their site. Is it all about space pirates? Space pirates are awesome. Oh, and there are great solos, too., yay!

No. Most of their lyrics are about celtic mythology and history, some others praise heavy metal etc. Also imo "Traveller" is their least good album, go buy "Down Among The Deadmen" and their first ep, they are both great masterpieces of epic heavy metal art. "Twilight Of The Idols" is great too. The music in the ep is more complex, while in "Down Among The Deadmen" the riffs and melodies are epic. Generally they kick a great deal of tender butt

Oh yes, Penguin rules. And so does Slough Feg.

They're an odd mix of power metal, Sabbath-y doom, and Celtic folk influences. Twilight of the Idols isp robably my favorite by them, though I haven't heard Down Among the Deadmen.

Next time you're on IRC, join #sloughfeg and make some noise until r-penguin (former Neverboard poster Retarded Penguin) wakes up. Tell him we sent you and he'll hook you up with mp3s and shit.

Hey if any of you are in contact with the singer / guitar player
of The Lord Weird Slough Feg, ( I want to say his name is Mike )
can you tell him to e-mail me if he has a minute. My name is
Renée Maxwell and one of my former bands ( Poets of the PLague)
played twice with them in S.F. and besides being a good band,
they were very cool people, even offering us a place to crash
and everything ( we traveled up from Los Angeles )
Meanwhile I have the self - titled CD if anyone wants a copy -
:Smokedev: