slow riffs with blast beats

skuller

Feb 25, 2007
SL, UT
www.myspace.com
hello-

i'm looking for recommendations for songs with slow riffs that use blast beats. i'm making a playlist, but don't have much material for it. i love this juxtaposition.

for example:

akercocke-axiom

obscura-velocity

thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Not really a blast just a lot of double kick but how about the saxophone solo section over a slow grooving riff at 1:45 here -

all great examples (except the grave inversed, which while still a great song is not what this thread is about)! thank you both for posting. edit: i realized the sjodogg song you posted is actually called "the asphyxiation". the track before it on the album is "sequestra".

i have two examples from the same album:

share em if you've got em!
thanks again.

a edit: i realized the sjodogg song you posted is actually called "the asphyxiation". the track before it on the album is "sequestra".

yeah, i believe you. various sources are kinda screwed up on it's track listing, and I disagree with all of them except for what's listed on the package itself. the whole rec is full of songs that fit your criteria. great album.

oh, and here's another a couple more:

thanks everyone for your suggestions! i've really enjoyed the songs you've posted and i bought most of them.

here's another:

keep em coming!

Almost every song from the new Voices album "London" has slow riffs with blast beats. David Grey for the win.

Stream Voices - London